Seneca 10/06/2011 solo

Seneca 10/06/2011 solo

What a day !!!!! I was whining ;( in the morning because it was below 50* out early so I sat around letting it slllooowwwlllyyy warm up to 54* or so then got ready to go down to the lake :clap: . A full thermos of coffee and high hopes and I was off :yes: . Set up out deep like normal just got the third rod in for a few minutes and the middle rigger (61’ down) does the slow rise and slow dip back jump on the rod pop it free from the release and fish on…….land a 15.5†brown and put him back. Get into the depth I was doing fish at the other day and head north. Looking at the rigger with the temp probe on I drop that down 10 more feet from 72’ to 82’ looking for a bit colder water a few minutes later that rod fires. What a hand full it comes out of the water two or three times charges the boat , dives under the middle rigger , back out and on the back side of the other rigger…….I follow with the rod under,over then it runs back to the back of the boat in between the two riggers it just tried to tangle up. Then he/she goes on it’s side time for the net , got it (the net) fish is close enough start to slide the net under it have most of it in just about ready to lift it up and it goes nuts-o again and throws the hook what a great fish glade it won…………I landed a 9# 2oz rainbow last year with Hoots help this fish was ALL of that size and a bit more I think……. Well by this time I’ve run up into a shoal as all this was going on also so I had both riggers way up to keep from bagging bottom……………got everything back in control and started again hooked into another bow and landed this guy 20†or so then a 17†put that one back then another 20†rainbow put him in the cooler with the other one…………..pulled up lines and went to another spot (son and granddaughter are coming up Saturday so I hope that area will still be on fire)…………..got to next spot picked up a 17†brown boxed it , another bow around 20†kept him in the water trying to get the hook out broke my line and off he went spoon and all ( well dummy did you check the line out on that big guy ……NO )………..pulled lines and cut and replaced everything on them and back at it again put other hot spoon aside and pulled out some look a likes with single hooks…………..Ok hook up again big fish looks like a bow so I bring it up the side after a good fight ……UttO it’s a BIG (for me) landlock about 24†or so would be my biggest to date because seems like the few good ones I’ve hooked always have one of my buddies or my brother on the end of the rod………….back off some ease to the net fish comes back to life for a quick thrashing around and is gone…..wawawa……..put it back down………….land a small 10ish brown , 18†or so laker , 20†landlock (box it )………one more laker about 20â€â€¦â€¦â€¦.then lose some thing either a lanlock or rainbow sliver fish……..pick up one more landlock 21†box it time to go in………….a double GRAND – SLAM--- solo !!!!!! What a day !!!!!!!!!

20110fishing009-Copy.jpg

Thanks everyone !!!! :yes::yes:

Well she did it my granddaughter got the big bow that got the best of me today.........10# 3oz...........she is a fishing machine......she ended up with a grandslam but not a legal one beleive it or not only one laker was short it was about 12"...................she boated 5 rainbows , 4 landlocks a 15.5"brown and the dink laker..... boxed three landlocks and two rainbows............what a day.....started out a tad ruff but laided down...........her first fish was a good 21" landlock that JUMPED into the net at the boat.... :lol: .....just as I got the net near it it jumped and I moved the net just enough when it came dow............the next fish was the huge rainbow that tred to pull all the same stuff that it did to me but boat control and a good team ( dad and daughter ) on the rod over came the fish..........it's in a cooler wrapped and ready for a ride to the tax. shop !!!!!!....then we had a steady pick going as the day went on adding to the take till she had a 5 fish limit............fish were still there for the taking but it was a great way to end a great day we were all there to help her get into fish job very well done......... :clap::yes:

Thanks guys !!!!!

buckboardjr thanks for the info on taking care of the fish on the water and off........................got it down to Potsy yesterday told him what we did and he said we did it all right on !!!!............ :yes::beer: