Any perch reports out of Buffalo SBH?

Shorthanded

After losing 48 nightcrawlers and landing ten perch a few weeks back while trolling worm harnesses in 70 foot of water off Point Breeze, we started looking for perch out there in the deep waters. Well they are out there, 50 years I have looked for good summer perch and never imagined they would be available as the "best fishing in my lifetime". When you get over them they are on your line as soon as it hits the bottom. Live minnows or even frozen salted minnows work well. I put plastic Gulp minnows on one line and nothing happened. A good color graph like a hds5 Lowrance finds them. Otherwise look for boats hauling them in over the gunwale. When the screen on ten foot bottom lock shows green and mainly yellow, they are there. Lately there are groups of 30 to 40 boats, seven and a half miles offshore. Yesterday they were in the 42/10 quadrant but as the day went on they moved around. For three days this week with two of us in the boat, we brought in 215 perch and after cleaning them I should if I am smart be done till next spring. The frozen salted minnows are easier to rebait your line.

Well we went back out this AM since the weather was still wonderful. In the neighbor's boat out to 40/10, my first line down had a triple header on as soon as it hit the bottom. That meant things could not get better and so it was. After an hour we went north to 42/10, 71 foot and found three boats pulling in fish. We dropped the hook nearby and ended up with 40 and came in for the kickoff at 12:15 PM.

65 boats out there today, you would think there was a tournament going on.

What a beautiful day and a beautiful week for perching.

• 2 weeks later...