MEA and Ringwood Hatchery

Hey guys,

Our friends on the north shore can use our help.

I copied the following from the spoonpullers website, apparently there is a contest going on based on votes for funding projects and this one is to help keep Ringwood open for rearing cohos. Other than the ones that the Credit River Anglers Association rear, there is no other coho stocking program on the Canadian Side.

Hi everyone. The following is from the RWFC site.

Please help us out if you can. The more votes the better!

As many already know the newly formed Metro East Anglers Inc. have been working very hard to continue operating the Ringwood Fish Culture Station going forward from here. At our first official meeting we outlined the program. Its primary focus will be the continued Restoration of the Coho Stocking Program for Lake Ontario. With the loss of the OFAH earlier this year and many of it's sponsors a need to fill a large funding hole has became part of the responsibilities of our membership.

That being said one of our long outstanding members and supporters Ettore DellaAquila has decided to throw our hat into a competition ring for community funding support. Great Job Ettore.

The address is as follows and all details can be viewed there:

http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf11597#.ToW-2

The idea here, as I understand it, is that THE MOST VOTES move forward in the competition. Aviva will receive hundreds of ideas but only those that our supported with the best numbers will move forward. I ask all supporters of Ringwood to make an effort to get us as many votes possible and help us win the funding we need to continue these types of programs. This would very much help us concentrate on what we have done best for the last five years. Raising and stocking our Salmon/Trout into Lake Ontario.

Voting starts October 3rd, 12:00PM

Please feel free to help me get the word out. Facebook, Twitter and all the other social media sites are the best way to attack this competitions. I am told. Please post on your walls!

Thanks for your Support

Steve Lynas

MEA

Tim