Fishing Report - Oct 7/11 - A Series of Firsts

The winds were supposed to be S10 on Friday, so Laker John and Myself decided it was time to try something different in catching walleyes. We headed to the big Lake at 0500 from Kingston and hit the water (lines in and fishing at 0800).

We thought we saw another boat in the distance and sure enough it was the G2 boat, I guess great minds think alike!!!!!

We trolled some deep water but marked most of the fish in 25-35 feet.

Like I said, the winds were supposed to be S10, but they blew harder than that with those gentle two foot rollers and strong gusts, we fished towards the lee but ventured back out when it appeared as though it had died a bit.

Suddenly, the inside board screamed and went under water - FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laker gave me his brand new rod as he drove the boat in wind, the fish pulled hard with many severe head shakes. As it came close to the boat, it began a long run and took almost 35 feet of line- OH OH!!!!Not a sheepshead...................

The boat spun in the wind and the other planer boards ended up about ten feet from the boat, but the fish came to the surface and Laker John slide the brand new Frabill sliding net under the fish. It's a monster he cried......

Taking the large Live Target lure out the mouth and net, the walleye tipped the scales at an even 11 pounds..........

The firsts: Christened the new Browning salmon/steelhead trolling rod, landed our first fish on a Koppers lure and used the new sliding Frabill net. Quite a series of events.

IMG_1803-David-11lber-4x6.jpg

Slide the fish back and a quick handshakeand then the untangle the rods and the boards - no Problem.......

We continued to fish into the afternoon, seeing G2 depart just after lunch time.. we pulled the pin around 1530 and headed back to shore.

We had a good day, not many fish, but a great learning experience and that's what fishing is all about - learning and growing as fishers.

We're hoping to get out fishing next week and we'll see what happens.

Stay Tuned

David aka Superdad

• 2 weeks later...
:P We are from barrie and are comming to the bay of quinty nent week and i would ask if anyone could please tell me how deep and where to fish the walleye, and what lures or colours to use. My friend that is with me is handy cap and i want his dream wlleye to come true. Let me know. Thank you guy's.