Rochester Yankee Report 8/11

What a heck of a day! From watching the reports all week and not seeing a solid report I was worried we might have a tough day ahead of us. The day started off with a nice 10lb Brownie and then the Kings came to play. Everything I put in the water today went. We started off this morning in 40-60 fow between Braddock's point and Lighthouse point. Fish and bait were everywhere, and cold water was in. First King took a Copper NBK off the rigger 60 back 25 down (18lbs). Then the wire went with a coyote 28 on a 2.5 setting 50 back (lost it). A short while later the 10 color took off with a Stinger Gin and Juice. Foul hooked 15 lb Salmon that took too long to bring in. The warm water moved in so we headed out to that 90-110 and started to pick up more kings between 60-90 down. Copper NBKs were the best spoon today. Other lures that fired were the ATOMIK Coyote fly (a fly I asked Tom Allen to tie up for me and this was my first time running it), Stinger green dolphin in an alewife pattern took the big guy today 80 down 50 back (24lbs). The copper was the last to fire out 450 with a Trash Can/Green dodger and an ATOMIK crinkle green with some mirage in it. During a few of the king battles we hooked up with some steelies in the 4-6lb range. All n all we ended the day 8-10 and green was the color for the most part. Also, we hit the LO grand slam with a brownie, laker, salmon, and a steelie. It seemed like the kings wanted a super slim or the small stingers today.