Montauk Stripers

The fall run is in full swing.My friend Todd and I headed to Montauk Thursday10/7 fished Friday, Sat,Sun.We caught about 100 Stripers top 3 fish were37lbs 35lbs 32lbs.The last drift with our last 2 eels we got the 37lber and 32lbs double,what a way to end a great trip.We also had a 22 and 23lbs. double.Weather was great with calm seas.We also landed many Blue fish and some Sea bass.

DSCN0442.jpg

DSCN0444.jpg

DSCN0450.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

nice fish ,also some of the best eating fish ive ever had...

Thats the beauty of our little fishing,hunting ,whining,and bashing site L.O.U...

we get reports from all over tho all of us cant be their, but it does plant that little seed in the oll skull and some day well pull off the trip of a lifetime that others take for granted due to where we live..

A good day striper fishing should be on any fishermans bucket list...maybe next year I should make the spring striper run a week long trip and get a few of the old farts of our site a chance to feel the pull of a good striper..........

Sounds like a good plan, Ray. I'd hoped to try them for the first time this summer in Cape Cod but had to settle for pointing Deaf Fisherman to my spot instead and he did well. Maybe next year.

I often wonder why I didn't set my sights on stripers being within an hour of some of the best striper fishing on the east coast in NJ and NY. But I drive 4 and a half hours every weekend Hmmmm :( And as Ray said, theres no better eating fish around.

Nice catch, thanks for sharing the pic's :yes: