Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: well don't really know where to post this but it's very interesting.rented a boat down in duck key today, anchored up in the gulf side of the bridge with a chum bag out caught a lot of fish believe it or not nothing huge but some three foot Spanish mackerel and some other smaller fish. Then we noticed a fin sticking up out of the water yes a shark no big deal right, well that was what I thought. I just got done landing a mackerel.well a seen the shark attack it and eat it. The shark was over three hundred pounds and like 15 feet long I'm not kidding well it started attacking the chum bag and hitting the boat. Time to get the heck out here reved the motor pissed him off more still hitting the boat finally pulled the anchor and got the heck out of there. Oh yeah I was stupid enough to pull up the chum bag. Tracy called it a day. I dropped her off and headed back over to the bridge again just small fish after that. They guys at the dock loved the story and yes I was shaking a bit but got over that quick because I still had the boat for four more hours.

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Hawks Kay is awesome.....I've never stayed there, but I've seen the area. I've stayed at Holiday Ise in Islamorada. It was a decent place and there is a marina loaded with charter boats. Right across the bridge ( walking distance) is whale harbor. They have a good fleet of charter boas as well. I love the keys and the fishing there is incredible.

I stayed and rented a boat for a full week in Marathon in May. It was awesome. Fished gulf, reef, offshore a little, 7 mile bridge and Vaca Cut. I used my 10'6" noodle rod in the Vaca Cut and hammered Jacks, snapper, grouper, and 3 nurse sharks. Largest nurse shark tip of head to tip of tail was almost 5 feet long. Got him on 12 lb test main line....50 lb leader.

I dream of moving down there and hopefully will some day in the not so distant future.

Chad,

I heard the story last night from Mike Boots...on a call out, yes I do take one occasionally..the only thing is you know how rumors go, by the time it made its rounds up here you lost a few fingers and got it to bite down on an oxygen tank and blew it up with a .38 :rofl: . Sounds like you guys are having a blast enjoy your trip. Talk to you when you get back.

Tom

My wife and I just got back last night from the Keys ourselves and i can relate to your story. We too rented a boat but from Robbie's in Islamorada and fished around the channel #2 bridge. We had a 10' nurse shark cruise through our slick along with several smaller carribean reef sharks. Sounds like you had a big bull or lemon come in. Man would have loved to seen that. Awesome story. Get some pics !

P.S. Those mackeral are Cero's. We got into them too. They are larger than the Spanish Macks and their spotting pattern is slightly different. Incredible fighters and put a steelie or king of similar size to shame.

Good Luck if you head out there again.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, we all had "Jaws" syndrome, then the shark lovers convinced us they were harmless, cuddly fish. Then when you have a real encounter......

I hooked up with a Mako in Mexico and it jumped a good 4 feet out of the water and did a full gainer twist to go face first into the water. This happened not 10 feet from the boat. The 2 Mexican mates were running around the boat, yelling in Spanish and looking for their baseball bats. It seemed like I was going to boat it still green but it was foul hooked in the back and broke the line. Talk about scary!

was diving at the bridge yesterday,came around the support and faced off a 7 ft nurse shark,,,,he made the mistake of laying in MY lobster spot.ya just gotta budge em and they move on...boy im gonna miss my left hand..... :lol:

Hey im here till april 1 st ,or Iget ate. :o so if anyone is near Ohio key give me a call I have many many honey spots , for fishing ,snorkeling ,or lobster diving......spear fishing too.

And if the wind is doable ill give you a tour of the middle keys up close and personal...Been staying here a few years now and would love to share some of the beauty of the Keys.

Ray K.

607-769-7947.

• 1 month later...

Hey Stubby...I mean Buffy....I mean Ray,

We are heading to Marathon on April 19th....after you are gone. You have any good Yellowtail spots between Bahia Honda and Marathon? ...or any other good coordinates you care to share?

Wayne

maybe ill dig up a number or two ,dont play with yellowtail (fish) much kinda mushy and dont freeze well. found yer shirt and pants been hanging them at camp for security reason, their so big no one steps near the camper...also makes great wind block ......for the whole island ...... thinkin hudson in may...

maybe ill dig up a number or two ,dont play with yellowtail (fish) much kinda mushy and dont freeze well. found yer shirt and pants been hanging them at camp for security reason, their so big no one steps near the camper...also makes great wind block ......for the whole island ...... thinkin hudson in may...

If you have any spots with numbers you want to share I'll take em. I would be in to a Hudson trip for Stripers. Let me know.

...or strippers :devil: