1st year bow hunting, second time out this year.

fisherman21

got up at about 425 this morning. entered the woods at about 515, and was up in my climber at about 530. my first time actually hunting from my new climber. i was hunting a golf course and at about 6 of course the fairway mower would decide to cut the fairway right by my stand. i was alittle frustrated but it was a nice crisp morning, and is still always worth it to enjoy Gods creation, so i was going to make the best out of it. it took the mower about 45 minutes to cut the one fairway so it was now 645, so i have 20 minutes until light. then he goes and cuts the fairway to my left haha it was still a nice morning i said to myself. as the sun began to rise at about 715 i heard a alittle crunch abouy 60 yards behind me, so i turned quietly. it still was not all that light out and all i could so was a white tail having back and forth walking through the woods. i had set the stand up at this spot because thier were aok trees in the front of the woods, and the deer were feeding on the acorns. i got up slowly, and made sure everything with my bow was set. at that time the mower started to head back up the fairway and i could hear crunching coming my way. i drew the bow back and hear comes a nice doe walking and feeding right towards me, then behind her 2 more came. im at full draw and all three does are now feeding at about 10 yards away from me. i looked for the biggest one and she was half behind a tree, i had the 10 yard pin on her and as she stepped out and stopped, i took a breath and let the artrow fly. almost imediatlty i heard the arrow his some trees. i watch the doe i shot at sprint off, and the other 2 trot away. i stood thier in dismay, ow the heck could i miss a 10 yard shot, it kept playing over and over in my head. i had 3 deer at 10 yards and i miss, no way, i had to hit it. then i realized the one i shot at had sprinted away and the other 2 troted. could this be a sign, or was the deer just scared cuz an arrow just buzzed his back. after 15 minutes i shimmied my climber down the tree cuz i had to know if i hit it. i walked to the spot the deer was, and sure enough blood, bright red blood with bubbles. i sat on the ground an called a couple buddies on my cell of of excitment and i noticed the arrow. i walked up to it and i layed between 3 2 inch trees, thats what i heard the arrow hit. look what i found.

bowhunting_arrow.jpg

huntingarrow.jpg

bowhunting_arrow.jpg

arrows.jpg

after see this i was stoked. i sat at the base of the tree for about an hour, then made my way over to the initial blood. i followed the trail into a swampy area and it took me a good 10 minutes to pick it up again. followed it for another 10 minutes and started to get only really small drops of blood. i was getting discouraged, but suddenly it reall started to pick up after 150 yards, it was bleeding good.

blood.jpg i continued to keep my head down and just follow the blood, i was now in thick cover and squeezing m way through bushes, then i looked up.

found_deer.jpg

my first deer with a bow, and the first time i had to track a deer, did everything by myself, and it is so much more rewarding than shotgun. its an awesome feeling.

deerbow2.jpg

medeer.jpg

medeer1.jpg

deerbowgutted.jpg

medeer3.jpg