Woodville boat launch on Canandaiqua

HPORT

Question;

We have a 225 Penn Yan hardtop and would like to fish Canandaigua, is it feasible to launch from the Woodville dock with this size boat? I drive past the lake every Friday and never been on the water. We live in Hammondsport and would come over the hill on 53 and up 21.

We have a small 16' Starcraft if need be, but like the comfort and room on the PY.

Thanks,

JC

For the last few weeks i've been launching my 22.5 sabre there and haven't had any issues. Although the PY is probably a little heavier than my aluminum. Is the PY an inboard or IO? If its an inboard use extreme caution. It's quite shalllow there.

Yeah you will be fine. Seen up to 27 foot Sportcraft hardtops launched there with no problems. Just take it easy til u get to the drop off very shallow getting out there but not a problem. Good luck be out there myself Sunday.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

As winter approaches the city of Canandaigua will lower the lake 1-2 feet ( to prevent ice damage to permanent docks and ease shoreline erosion) but you should be good until then. Plus with the frequent rains lately the lake level is pretty much right about where they need it for outlet flow to the waste water treatment plant.

http://www.canandaigualake.org/levels.htm