Bay of Quinte ??? anyone

Lund SSS

Just curious how many of you LOU fanatics would be interested in doing Quinte this coming hardwater season. I've got a few years under my belt but don't by any means call myself a pro up there. Do have a few contacts up there and would love to have a good outing with a couple of the gang.

Gambler's going! BBQ on the ice!

Sounds like a good place to put the new Marcum LX-5 to the test.

Breakfast on ICE :lol::lol::lol: Brian you gotta ask Gator about my breakfast sammys on hard rolls he likened them to some sort of body function that only happens on birthdays and anniversary's.

We'll get this thing planned and hope for early ice, first things first lets fill the freezer with backstraps and perch.

Let me know when and I'll bring the Grand Marnier! I'll just need to see if my boss will let me have some time off.lol

Ya, ya if the boss don't give you the time off you should fire his arse. Will keep you in the loop.

all that food yer gonna need a "brown" stocking hole!

It's been said before but I'll say it again YOU JUST AINT RIGHT, RAY :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know any guys on this site but im interested in BOQ. Ive been looking into making a trip and getting a guide up there. I think I saw a 1 day guide for like 175 or something. What do you guys normally use on them walleye? I have jigging raps and swedish pimples for eyes never really fished for them just caught them perch fishing

• 3 weeks later...
I dont know any guys on this site but im interested in BOQ. Ive been looking into making a trip and getting a guide up there. I think I saw a 1 day guide for like 175 or something. What do you guys normally use on them walleye? I have jigging raps and swedish pimples for eyes never really fished for them just caught them perch fishing

Dewey,

I have hit Quinte for the past 5 years and have had some good, some so so. Always stayed at the Fox motor Inn and fished with Jeff Chisholm of the Quinte Ice Team. He's very fair to me but that's because I keep coming back. I don't need anything from him but REALLY trust the guy because BOQ is not somewhere you just walk around on because of the currents under the ice I've seen the ice go from 7"-8" to 3" in less than 200 yards. Be careful but remember this NO WHERE can you go and drop a lure and catch a 15 Lb. eye. My old man caught 3 fish over 10 Lbs. in 5 minutes and 2 others over 5 in the next 30 min.

DSC00182.jpg

This was 12 Lbs. 6 Oz.

PM me I'm going to set this up this year and it should be a good time

I was leaning toward the quinte ice fishing team. Id hate to drive up there from the buffalo area to not catch anything of break through and die because i was in the wrong spot. I was reading that when these guides bring you out they bring your out as a group...so you would be fishing with 8 other people you dont know. not that it would be a problem just wondering if there is any truth behind that. Is there anything I should get before hand lures or rods? I have a few 24" med rods and i think a 30" med rod I think I have 6lb line on them. maybe 4 on some. I have a few bigger jigging raps in gold and perch colors. Looking at sweedish pimples but the biggest ones I can find are size 5. I think I need alittle bigger. When the time comes let me know id like to give it a try up there and see how it goes.

OK guys to ALL of you that are interested or WANT to go please send me a PM with some contact info so I can call the Fox Motor Inn and get the Back wing locked up. Right now there's 14 guys in on this so I can't wait. We are looking at the weekend of January 28th & 29th. If some of you choose to find other accommodations that's fine. There are plenty of places to stay Napanee is kinda in the middle of all of it and you'll never drive more than 30 min in either direction. The rooms are clean and there is a small restaurant across the street (walking distance.)

• 1 month later...

OK guys were 13 days out and I'm thinking that 4 wheelers are NOT going to be a good thing even though there on 6" of ice. Just hung up the phone with Jeff and he said 4" MAYBE 5" of good black ice covered by 2" of slush that was freezing up so ???? I'm going to keep the trailer ready if something changes. Hopefully everyone has a enhanced drivers license or a passport we'll see you up there

OK guys were 13 days out and I'm thinking that 4 wheelers are NOT going to be a good thing even though there on 6" of ice. Just hung up the phone with Jeff and he said 4" MAYBE 5" of good black ice covered by 2" of slush that was freezing up so ???? I'm going to keep the trailer ready if something changes. Hopefully everyone has a enhanced drivers license or a passport we'll see you up there

Atleast they have some ice up there. I'm ready to drag the clam around the hard way if need be.

For those of you going and can't get enough up to date info here's the link to Jeff's day by day action http://www.hookedforlife.ca/quinteicefishing/. It's looking better every day and it has been COLD up there even though it only 90 miles due north :yes::yes::yes:

P.S were at 20 guys now so I'm hoping that every one took care of there accommodations by now because there almost full at the Fox Inn