Bay of Quinte ??? anyone

Lund SSS

In that case, Scott, we'll both be lighting it up!! A few more sticks of those Costanza Slim Sticks wouldn't be over the top, either. If I have time this weekend I'll whip us up a batch of Gator's famous flaming jerky...my daughter got me SIX bottles of Ass-Kicking Hot Sauce for X-mas, all different flavors, and I'm itching to see how it works on venison in the smoker. If I'm lucky the end product will smell like those nuclear red Tijuana Mamas that make Steve sweat to even look at.

If I'm lucky the end product will smell like those nuclear red Tijuana Mamas that make Steve sweat to even look at.

That crap is going to need another ride across the border... it might kill the K-9 unit at the Canadian border :rofl::rofl::rofl: If it hits 50 Degrees on Sun. I'm going to tow the Boat up there :no::no::no:

Hi Steve,

With the recent drop in temperature, we were able to once again get out on the Bay of Quinte hardwater. We continued scouting areas throughout the Bay both on Saturday and Sunday with clients coming to join us beginning Monday. Our first day with clients for 2012 was a success. Teaching our clients how to initiate a strike from a walleye that they can see staring at their lure on the Humminbird flasher and the excitement on their face after landing it is an amazing experience. We just love seeing happy clients.

The ice conditions on the Bay of Quinte vary dramatically due to the varying amounts of current throughout the Bay. Approximately 70% of the Bay would be considered unsafe to walk on at the moment, however we do our homework to locate walleye under safe ice. In fact we even have 8-9�� of ice in some of our spots and can use the ATVs now. We look forward to another great season and it looks like we should have enough ice now that it is here to stay.

Thanks,

Jeff

For those of you going this is what I just got from our guide

Just wanted to say Hello to all the guys going to BOQ next weekend... I live out by Utica and cant wait to go been waiting for this trip for years :rofl: Does it look good for ice next week? I am a die hard Oneida lake guy, but with this awsome weather we have had I havent even got my transducer wet :lol: ... Any pointers for the bigger eyes would be appreciated, think I got a good idea though. One big question is line and lbs? Thanx again and cant wait to fish Bay Of Quinte.

Mike,

4lb braid seems awfully thin. Is this the "size" of the braid (ie 12lb test, 4lb diameter)? That's about what I spool for up there on Tica Cetus reels. Just don't want anybody to get confused and show up with a rig more suited for panfish.

Have you made the trip yet? Schizophrenic weather has the shorelines around here a mess. I may put on the Mustang and take a walk this weekend, though. It looks like maybe half the Bay will be safe by next weekend...hopefully the half that we're on.

Gator

No way I would go with anything less than 12lb. braid. I spooled all of my medium / medium heavy rods with 12lb fireline. Been using it for 5 seasons no with no breakoffs on good walleye and a couple big norhterns.

I spooled my meduim to heavy rod combos with 10lb seaguar floro, I have used braided for lakers and it will tend to freeze up a bit morethan straight floro but you obviously getthe stretch. Since we shouldn't be fishing to deep I would think all floro should work.