Bay of Quinte ??? anyone

Lund SSS

I'm going with 6# braid with a 6# floro leader. And I'm not going back to gander again to switch. All the guys in the Midwest use it and I've never heard them say anything over 8#. From what I've been hearing, the Ave eye has been 4#. If I break off a double digit eye, all 20 of you guys can get in a line to take turns kicking me in the ass!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

my room or a camel is booked.the lazer is fired up,chicken wing dogs and various other grub is on the menu.4 wheeler fired up and INSURED.take this for what its worth..10 + yrs of goin to boq.hot lures????kastmasters blue and green.macho minnow. jiggin raps..if you dont own a vex.go get one...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!id leave my heater home before id leave the vex...its so much easier to ENTICE an eye to strike when you know he is lookin at your offering........and so long 4 now;john

101_0670.jpg

I'm going with 6# braid with a 6# floro leader. And I'm not going back to gander again to switch. All the guys in the Midwest use it and I've never heard them say anything over 8#. From what I've been hearing, the Ave eye has been 4#. If I break off a double digit eye, all 20 of you guys can get in a line to take turns kicking me in the ass!

I'm not going to kick your a$$ I'll be laughing to hard when you look between 2 holes that are 30" apart and a JUMBO eye swims away with your lure... kinda like losing a derby winning King a the back of the boat AFTER you miss it with the net. I'll loan you a rod with bigger line if you need it. Every should REALLY think about creepers or korkers or some sort of ice cleat. The ice is going to be slick for sure

I've been out getting stuff ready all afternoon. I think I have everything together. I bought a 50 ft rope incase I have to be fished out of the bay. I picked up a few lindy darters, anyone do good with them things? Anyways what time is everyone planning on arriving in napanee? I am leaving the buffalo area around 11 AM and plan to arrive around 3 or 4 depending on toronto traffic. What time are we leaving to fish Saturday morning and where are we meeting up. With the mild temperatures up there this week are we going to be able to get out on 4 wheelers?

Dewey,

My group is leaving 7am on Friday to get up there and fish the afternoon. The ice should be fine for wheelers. If not, they will sit on the trailer. Steve and I had this discussion Sunday am. I got most of my icefishing stuff ready tonight before coming into work. I can't wait!!! As for the Lindy darters, they will work. We caught some eyes on them last year. They are good for very active / aggressive walleye.

We are leaving ~7:30 from Fairport to fish the afternoon.

Got to say, I'm concerned about the half inch of rain that's predicted for today up there. Along with strong winds, it could really limit the areas we can get to. No big freeze between now and the weekend, so when it's gone, it's gone. This winter sucks.

My dad and I went over to canada yesterday and got our licenses. I was hoping to get an early start but my dad has to go out to in to work for a few hours. And then were leaving I was hoping to be able to hit the night bite before it was too late. I am calling verizon to be able to use my pphone in canada without getting an astronomical bill. I guess they have an international calling thing if you plan on being out of country and use your phone

Our group will be hitting the road 6:30-7 as well to get up there and get the midday bite! Can't wait, although I blew out my knee yesterday which sucks but uncle jack should help me fight through the pain ;) If not I will be hte guy on the bucket with 2 rods

I've been out getting stuff ready all afternoon. I think I have everything together. I bought a 50 ft rope incase I have to be fished out of the bay. I picked up a few lindy darters, anyone do good with them things? Anyways what time is everyone planning on arriving in napanee? I am leaving the buffalo area around 11 AM and plan to arrive around 3 or 4 depending on toronto traffic. What time are we leaving to fish Saturday morning and where are we meeting up. With the mild temperatures up there this week are we going to be able to get out on 4 wheelers?

My dad and I went over to canada yesterday and got our licenses. I was hoping to get an early start but my dad has to go out to in to work for a few hours. And then were leaving I was hoping to be able to hit the night bite before it was too late. I am calling verizon to be able to use my pphone in canada without getting an astronomical bill. I guess they have an international calling thing if you plan on being out of country and use your phone

if we get up there early enough hopefully we can meet you guys out on the ice for a bit. Where are you guys gonna be fishing out of?

Where do I start..... your not going to get there in time for the night bit , no one is SWIMMING just talked to Jeff again there on 9"-11" of ice and working areas that don't have much current. They are using there 4 wheelers. I don' know where we'll be till I call Jeff Fri. morning in transit and he's going to tell me where they fished that morning. Everything you use could catch fish the one thing I was told the color of the fall and so far hard water season has been emerald green ???? take it for what it's worth the guy fished over 45 days this fall right into December.

We're all looking forward to this but PLEASE call me with any major concerns BEFORE I'm getting charged 69.5 cents a minute. Yes I called verizon and unless I want to pay $59.95 for 30 days of International calling I'm going to block my texting cause thats not any better .25 cents to receive and .50 cents to send.

I just got off the phone with Verizon, after reading the above post it reminded me that my daughter was going on a school trip to Quebec. They told me that if you already have unlimited texting on your plan there is no charge for texting while in Canada along with texting back to someone in the US. Charges for data (internet) are $2.05 per megabite OUCH! He said that you can add international calling for $59.99 = 450 minutes and I asked if you could add it for just 7 days and he said yeah it would be prorated so 59.99 divided by 30 is $1.99 for 7 days it would be $14. you just have to remember to call and cancel the international calling as soon as you get back into the country or you will be charged the $59.99 for the month and in order to stay within the prorating you have to stay at or under 150 minutes. All these figures are for 7 days so if you guys are going just for the weekend it will be cheaper than $14. Just passing along the information...I would also suggest giving Verizon a quick call so that you can hear it from them.....wish I was going to Quinte! Have fun be safe and I cant wait to see the pictures.

Tom