Bay of Quinte ??? anyone

Lund SSS

and just so you know, the days of calling verizon after the fact and saying that you must have bounced off a canadian tower are gone. You now get a text message when you get there that informs you that you are roaming in canuck land. It gives you an option to shut roaming off and data. The best way to communicate for those with verizon and unlimited text messaging is just to text back and forth ;)

and just so you know, the days of calling verizon after the fact and saying that you must have bounced off a canadian tower are gone. You now get a text message when you get there that informs you that you are roaming in canuck land. It gives you an option to shut roaming off and data. The best way to communicate for those with verizon and unlimited text messaging is just to text back and forth ;)

Hey don't pick on my land :lol:

I just got off the phone with Verizon, after reading the above post it reminded me that my daughter was going on a school trip to Quebec. They told me that if you already have unlimited texting on your plan there is no charge for texting while in Canada along with texting back to someone in the US. Charges for data (internet) are $2.05 per megabite OUCH! He said that you can add international calling for $59.99 = 450 minutes and I asked if you could add it for just 7 days and he said yeah it would be prorated so 59.99 divided by 30 is $1.99 for 7 days it would be $14. you just have to remember to call and cancel the international calling as soon as you get back into the country or you will be charged the $59.99 for the month and in order to stay within the prorating you have to stay at or under 150 minutes. All these figures are for 7 days so if you guys are going just for the weekend it will be cheaper than $14. Just passing along the information...I would also suggest giving Verizon a quick call so that you can hear it from them.....wish I was going to Quinte! Have fun be safe and I cant wait to see the pictures.

Tom

Thank you for bring that to my attention... it is a done deal and they told me no problem, prorated it will only be like you said $12-15 as long as you shut it off when we get state side. Last year I jacked my bill by almost $70 :o:no::o

Makes me feel like I'm stickin it to the man :D

OK Guys,

Where 48 hours from being in Quinte and spoke with Jeff C. this AM. Everything is in order and we have good ice to fish on BUT the access is through private land. That being said there's parking for 7 vehicles so we might have to consolidate our caravan if possible ????. They are using machines but might also have to limit them too. If Jeff shuttles guys out then we should be fine. There is ALOT of sketchy ice out there and we should NOT be adventuresome or there could be wet feet. Friday can't come soon enough :D:P:D:P

steve;my 4 wheeler is still coming???what are we to do for bait...is jeff supplyin bait and guide service for 20 guys for 3 days or just saturday??i should be in napanee by 11am friday ..then off to MOONS,to buy bait if we need to.....text me when you get to OH CANADA or call me 2morrow.and so long 4 now;john

Anyone know how it is going through customs with gear? Do they want to look through everything or can we pack the sleds up tight?

We didnt have any problems last year at border with sleds.

They will ask about Booze and Beer you bring in. Save receipts.

I made sure i was insured for canada with my sled too. Call your insurance.

20+ yrs goin to canada been searched twice...all luck of the draw..if your number is up they WILL undress your vehicle and you get to put it back together.....just make sure youve got no stray 22shells or shot gun shells in the glove box or anywhere else!!!customs frown on that!!!!! and so long 4 now;john

Aww man there goes that idea.. :rofl: Used to fish up to lake of the Isles and that used to happen all the time, but it was legit. Well guys cant wait to make the trip to canada A tomorrow see you all on the ice

Aww man there goes that idea.. :rofl: Used to fish up to lake of the Isles and that used to happen all the time, but it was legit. Well guys cant wait to make the trip to canada A tomorrow see you all on the ice

Hope you smash em Ryan!!!!!

hey guys,

I have been following the thread since the get go, just want to say have fun and be safe.. hope everyone does well, can't wait to see the pics... maybe next year I can join in if possible, I know Brian, AKA Gambell. sounds like a load of fun...

I have not even taken my gear down from the loft.. yikes!!!!!!

Oh Is the perch fishing up there as good as the walleys? Have a great time and Good luck Guys!!!!!!

perch fishing isnt good, once in awhile you get a few good ones but you are much better perch fishing in NY. There are a lot of unsafe ice areas in Quinte right now and today isnt going to help at all. Be careful men and dont assume u have 4 inches in front of you 30 yards because you are fishing on 4. There is some decent ice but since there isnt a lot of it expect crowds, there is also a derby going on. Never jig with less than 2 minnows. Hook them through the back of the head vertical. They will stay on much longer. Be on your game at 3pm everyday until half hr after dark. My buddies got into some decent fish yesterday in cluding some well over 10lbs

Thanks for the tips landshark. I'm eating my breakfast waiting for my dad to get out of work at 10 and we will be on our way. I just hope we make it for the night bite. As long as we don't get screwed in toronto traffic we should be fine

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

thanxs to steve for puttin the trip together.the fishing was awful but thats why the call it fishing and not catchin..if you want fish go to wegmans ,if you want a shot at a trophy go to BOQ....FRI EVE FISHED OUT OF ANNES POINT.I CAUGHT A 4LB 22IN EYE AND THERe WAS A 9LB ICED.SAT ON THE ICE BY 630AM OFF AT 6PM..NOT 1 BITE FOR ME MINUS PERCH..out of our group of 18 fisherman i think 4 eyes where caught......the weather was terrible.snow sleet rain smog wind at 50mph...this all occured at hay bay around the old church...sunday 6 of us fished off of wagers farm for zero..no bites for me..changed colors 20 times.......BUT got to meet some great guys and trade some stories..and to the gang that steve put together...here fishy fishy fishy..and so long 4 now'john