Bay of Quinte ??? anyone

Lund SSS

Great trip & Great guys on this trip. As Johnny said, Fishing sucked. Caught 1 Eye and lost 2 others friday night on Big Bay. Saturday I moved around a ton all day and only got a few perch on Hay Bay. Sunday morning worked my ass off all morning on Big Bay and only got a few perch. I stayed with the 3/4 oz spoons most of the weekend in hopes for less perch and a wall hanger Eye, but didn't happen this time. I'm confident it will though. Me and my Grand Marnier "night caps" will be back again many times for sure. :yes:

The boys heading out onto Big Bay off Point Anne

2012_01_27_14_45_09_193_1.jpg

My 7.5# 27" Eye.

IMG_8059_1.jpg

No ice on the river.

2012_01_29_12_04_23_159_1.jpg

Brian's 9.1# 27" Eye.

2012_01_27_18_12_27_553_1.jpg

We spent all of our time on Hay Bay, wish we had better ice to roam on but you have to play with the cards delt. Did manage one Quinte gold though, nice 7lb'er and a bunch of perch, we will be back when the Bay is more fishable for sure. Nice fish gents, it was cool to finally meet some faces behind the post's!

012812Quintesmallpic.jpg

Hope everyone made it home safe and sound ..... yes the fishing was NOT what I'd hoped for but if you shot a 200" deer every time you sat on stand hunting would be boring too. I had a great time meeting the guys and will be doing it again next year for sure. Keep in touch and good luck out there if we ever get ice I'm sure we'll cross each others path again soon.

Here is my trip in review (the short version):

Blown out tires (another one today taking the wheeler back to my dads this time on the truck!! :@ ), icestorm, issues at the boarder, a 9.1lb walleye, drunk buddies, 50 mph winds, and a buddy that got beat up by a stripper at the club. Will I do it again next year, you bet. It was a good time despite the bad times. It was a great group of guys. It was nice putting some names with faces and seeing some buddies. Steve thanks again. Hopefully the ice will be better so we can get to better fishing grounds.

Holy cow, beat up by a stripper!!! I knew about the rest of it, but that takes the cake. Did she have all of her teeth?

I really enjoyed being out on the ice for most of the trip, at least until the winds came up Saturday afternoon and the fish completely shut down. I fished my butt off and managed one 4.5 lb walleye on Saturday morning, otherwise I was happy to be there. Great group of guys...thanks for bringing the Grand Marnier, Scott! I figure it can only get better and I'm looking forward to next year. Might be next year before I get out on the ice again, the way the weather is going...

SCAN0001.jpg

Got back in from B.O.Q Had a great time with you all. Looking forward to hooking up with you guys soon. Hitting Onieda in the morning hope to have better luck. Stay safe all you hard water freaks!

Dennis just wanted to say thank you for the " wing dogs " those things are awesome with a little mustard and some onions. Is that blue cheese right in them ?

It's to bad you guys didn't get into them.I use to fish the Bay in the early to mid 90s.When it is hot it is red hot but when it slow it is real slow.Some days we would catch 20-30 fish (two of us)other times we would fish two day without a bite.Better luck next time Sean

Who is in for next year? Do you guys want to do 4 days instead of 3? I would much rather have 2 full days on the ice.

Do I hear 5 days , :lol::lol::lol: no guide needed any more just GOOD ice. Scott just found more good news (inside info) watch the trolling from that same weekend Brian. North shore BOQ they were out on the Adophlus Reach near the Glenora ferry crossing. Lets go this weekend it's not going to freeze at all this year ;)

Who is in for next year? Do you guys want to do 4 days instead of 3? I would much rather have 2 full days on the ice.

Do I hear 5 days , :lol::lol::lol: no guide needed any more just GOOD ice. Scott just found more good news (inside info) watch the trolling from that same weekend Brian. North shore BOQ they were out on the Adophlus Reach near the Glenora ferry crossing. Lets go this weekend it's not going to freeze at all this year ;)

Let's go. Can we be back before kick off on Sunday?

:P YUP!! got 4# of the stuff not in casings gunna try making chicken wing chili

SCAN0001.jpg

Got back in from B.O.Q Had a great time with you all. Looking forward to hooking up with you guys soon. Hitting Onieda in the morning hope to have better luck. Stay safe all you hard water freaks!

Dennis just wanted to say thank you for the " wing dogs " those things are awesome with a little mustard and some onions. Is that blue cheese right in them ?