Fished out of Oswego Sat evening and Sunday morning. Went 2 for 3, very slow. Fished in 180 - 250 fow 50 to 80 feet down. Water was a little rough didn't want to go out deeper, boats that did seemed to do very good. Fish were caught on a white glow spin doctor and a hammer fly, with 400 of cooper, and green pro troll e-chip and green crinkle fly, 65 feet down. The kids all took turns on the cooper rod and there reaction when we finally net the fish made the trip worth it. :D Can't tell the feeling watching your 7 year old struggling to hold up a fish so you can take his picture.

what is the model number/size of the reel you are running the copper on? I was out in 600 feet on saturday and 500 on sunday out of oswego and ended up 2 for 3 both days. i hear a lot of copper talk but i dont know what size reel i should run. any info would be great.

Thanks

Stoneyxc

I would take the advise of the others above, I am experimenting with copper and I used a smaller reel than recommended and almost got spooled. I learned one big lesson with copper, when you get tangled with another line you have one h*ll of a mess. Left the wheel for a split second, boat turned and a 1/2 hour later the lines were back in the water.

Glad to hear the kids got a chance to play with the kings!!! I bet they loved it. Nothing like seeing that look on a kids face. We were out for a few hours yesterday.....very slow after the heavy blow. A buddy I took out for the first time landed a nice king and took it strait to get it mounted....so that was cool. He was all smiles.

On the copper, a penn 345 gti is a good one. I run two 600 copper rigs that have spooled on Diawa sealine's....nice reels but they are pretty bulky. My buddy pulled one in on the 500 copper 10 min. after landing his big king on the wire rod. Got the copper fish to within 10 ft of the boat and it said see ya and swam off :shock: . I don't think he liked that to much....but I thought it was pretty funny myself.

Rod