Hydrofracking...

tcon

• 3 months later...

Fracking Industry’s Answer to “Gaslandâ€: Devised by Astroturf Lobbying Group and Political Ad Agency

http://blog.littlesis.org/2012/06/13/fr ... ad-agency/

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?ti ... y_in_Depth

http://www.desmogblog.com/energy-depth- ... ustry-memo

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/01/111 ... y-citizens

"exposed as a gas industry infomercial as soon as it was released".

And once again here are Facts, remember you need the facts not 3rd party proffessors that failed to get a real job, and think they can scare people. read the Facts

Updated Jul 26, 2012 at 3:32 AM EDT

(WBNG Binghamton) The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced Wednesday that it has completed its sampling of private drinking water wells in Dimock, PA.

According to an EPA news release:

WBNG E-News - Sign Up For Our Newsletter!

Data previously supplied to the agency by residents, the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and Cabot Oil and Gas Exploration had indicated the potential for elevated levels of water contaminants in wells, and following requests by residents EPA took steps to sample water in the area to ensure there were not elevated levels of contaminants. Based on the outcome of that sampling, EPA has determined that there are not levels of contaminants present that would require additional action by the Agency.

“Our goal was to provide the Dimock community with complete and reliable information about the presence of contaminants in their drinking water and to determine whether further action was warranted to protect public health,†said EPA Regional Administrator Shawn M. Garvin. “The sampling and an evaluation of the particular circumstances at each home did not indicate levels of contaminants that would give EPA reason to take further action. Throughout EPA's work in Dimock, the Agency has used the best available scientific data to provide clarity to Dimock residents and address their concerns about the safety of their drinking water.â€

EPA visited Dimock, Pa. in late 2011, surveyed residents regarding their private wells and reviewed hundreds of pages of drinking water data supplied to the agency by Dimock residents, the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and Cabot. Because data for some homes showed elevated contaminant levels and several residents expressed concern about their drinking water, EPA determined that well sampling was necessary to gather additional data and evaluate whether residents had access to safe drinking water.

Between January and June 2012, EPA sampled private drinking water wells serving 64 homes, including two rounds of sampling at four wells where EPA was delivering temporary water supplies as a precautionary step in response to prior data indicating the well water contained levels of contaminants that pose a health concern. At one of those wells EPA did find an elevated level of manganese in untreated well water. The two residences serviced by the well each have water treatment systems that can reduce manganese to levels that do not present a health concern.

As a result of the two rounds of sampling at these four wells, EPA has determined that it is no longer necessary to provide residents with alternative water. EPA is working with residents on the schedule to disconnect the alternate water sources provided by EPA.

Overall during the sampling in Dimock, EPA found hazardous substances, specifically arsenic, barium or manganese, all of which are also naturally occurring substances, in well water at five homes at levels that could present a health concern. In all cases the residents have now or will have their own treatment systems that can reduce concentrations of those hazardous substances to acceptable levels at the tap. EPA has provided the residents with all of their sampling results and has no further plans to conduct additional drinking water sampling in Dimock.

http://www.desmogblog.com/sites/beta.de ... erFire.pdf

The "Energy In Depth" project would not be possible without the early financial commitments of: El Paso Corporation, XTO Energy, Occidental Petroleum, BP, Anadarko, Marathon, EnCana, Chevron, Talisman, Shell, API, IPAA, Halliburton, Schlumberger and the Ohio Oil and Gas Association. Many of our cooperating associations have also been working hard on this campaign and I'd like to thank them as well. But we can also use more help. Please let me know if you could make a contribution to this effort. We have built a great foundation, but the battle is just beginning.

That's just great...the people of Dimock, Pa. are getting water treatment systems instead of having to rely on water rations. Now the oil corporations can pat themselves on the back and go on to create more situations that need to be cleaned up.. With facts like that, are you sure you're not working for Josh Fox? And on what planet is the position of professor not a real job?

oh this guy The word Activist jumped out at me im sorry

Josh FoxFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search

Josh Fox giving a talk in West Vancouver, British Columbia.Josh Fox is an American film director and environmental activist, best known for his Oscar-nominated 2010 documentary, Gasland. In addition to this film, he is one of the most prominent public critics of hydraulic fracturing, also known as fracking.[1]

In February 2012 he was arrested during a U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee hearing on hydraulic fracturing when he attempted to videotape the proceedings.[2][3]

[edit] External linksJosh Fox at the Internet Movie Database

[edit] References1.^ Bauers, Sandy (2011). "A raucous anti-fracking rally in Center City". articles.philly.com. http://articles.philly.com/2011-09-07/n ... s-drilling. Retrieved 3 February 2012.

2.^ Goldenberg, Suzanne (2012-02-01). "Josh Fox, director of Gasland, arrested at fracking hearing". The Guardian (London: GMG). ISSN 0261-3077. OCLC 60623878. http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... d-fracking. Retrieved 3 February 2012.

3.^ Banerjee, Neela (2012-02-01). "'Gasland' director Fox arrested filming House subcommittee". Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles: Tribune Co). ISSN 0458-3035. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/envir ... 7363.story. Retrieved 3 February 2012.

This biographical article about a United States activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

v ·t ·e

This article about a United States film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

v ·t ·e

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Josh_Fox&oldid=496276518"

View page ratingsRate this page

Rate this page

Page ratings

What's this?Current average ratings.

Trustworthy

Objective

Complete

Well-written

I am highly knowledgeable about this topic (optional)

I have a relevant college/university degreeIt is part of my professionIt is a deep personal passionThe source of my knowledge is not listed here I would like to help improve Wikipedia, send me an e-mail (optional) We will send you a confirmation e-mail. We will not share your e-mail address with outside parties as per our feedback privacy statement.Submit ratings

Saved successfullyYour ratings have not been submitted yetYour ratings have expiredPlease reevaluate this page and submit new ratings.

An error has occurred. Please try again later.

Thanks! Your ratings have been saved.Please take a moment to complete a short survey.Start surveyMaybe later

Thanks! Your ratings have been saved.Do you want to create an account?An account will help you track your edits, get involved in discussions, and be a part of the community.Create an accountorLog inMaybe later

Thanks! Your ratings have been saved.Did you know that you can edit this page?Edit this pageMaybe later Categories: Living peopleAmerican film directorsAmerican documentary filmmakersDocumentary film directorsAmerican environmentalistsAmerican activist stubsAmerican film director stubs

oh this guy The word Activist jumped out at me im sorry

Josh FoxFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search

Josh Fox giving a talk in West Vancouver, British Columbia.Josh Fox is an American film director and environmental activist, best known for his Oscar-nominated 2010 documentary, Gasland. In addition to this film, he is one of the most prominent public critics of hydraulic fracturing, also known as fracking.[1]

In February 2012 he was arrested during a U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee hearing on hydraulic fracturing when he attempted to videotape the proceedings.[2][3]

[edit] External linksJosh Fox at the Internet Movie Database

[edit] References1.^ Bauers, Sandy (2011). "A raucous anti-fracking rally in Center City". articles.philly.com. http://articles.philly.com/2011-09-07/n ... s-drilling. Retrieved 3 February 2012.

2.^ Goldenberg, Suzanne (2012-02-01). "Josh Fox, director of Gasland, arrested at fracking hearing". The Guardian (London: GMG). ISSN 0261-3077. OCLC 60623878. http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... d-fracking. Retrieved 3 February 2012.

3.^ Banerjee, Neela (2012-02-01). "'Gasland' director Fox arrested filming House subcommittee". Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles: Tribune Co). ISSN 0458-3035. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/envir ... 7363.story. Retrieved 3 February 2012.

This biographical article about a United States activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

v ·t ·e

This article about a United States film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

v ·t ·e

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Josh_Fox&oldid=496276518"

Thanks for the link. Most, if not all professors will tell you Wikipedia isn't a reliable source of information, :lol: but if it helped you, that's good.

Be thankful for activists bringing attention to the dangers of fracking. Without opposing voices (telling the truth), people who don't know any better

would just bend over and take whatever the oil companies wanna give them. And some of 'em would even be happy about it! Yikes!

To each his own, I guess. Good luck with the walleyes.

Well, Thank you,

Like you said "To each there own" I guess the way i look at is.

I live in a City or Suburb of one and all my heat and cooking is natural Gas.

Otherwise i would have to cut a whole bunch of nice green trees to burn for Heat, and Fire and find a way to fuel my car with burning logs actually ( would need a truck to Haul extra wood to fuel my Vehicle ) and invest in a fire burning generator for my Electric, if avail.

I also guess if everyone could be totally self sufficient able to cut trees and burn for heat and use candles for light, and walk or ride horses ( wow going back in time dejavue ) it would be fine.

Our Electric is being powered by Natural Gas.

The natural gas is made in the USA.

Generates Millions of Local Jobs and Money into the economy.

I can run my car or truck for about $1.50 cents a gallon. Would be nice to run Boat also Hmmmmmm .

Its clean for the enviroment.

We dont need to get our solders Killed over fighting for IT.

We can drill a Well and Bring home a solder.

We dont need to pay foreign countries for a product that is right here under our feet.

We dont need to support countries that will kill our Children, Parents , Brothers or Sisters ,Aunts and Uncles in war.

If Done Properly it does not affect the enviroment. Drill Safe is the term.

So i guess right now with what Technology is avail and safe and here in our own country then YES I will support it.

Enjoy those Tribs and good luck with the fishing. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well, Thank you,

Like you said "To each there own" I guess the way i look at is.

I live in a City or Suburb of one and all my heat and cooking is natural Gas.

Otherwise i would have to cut a whole bunch of nice green trees to burn for Heat, and Fire and find a way to fuel my car with burning logs actually ( would need a truck to Haul extra wood to fuel my Vehicle ) and invest in a fire burning generator for my Electric, if avail.

I also guess if everyone could be totally self sufficient able to cut trees and burn for heat and use candles for light, and walk or ride horses ( wow going back in time dejavue ) it would be fine.

Our Electric is being powered by Natural Gas.

The natural gas is made in the USA.

Generates Millions of Local Jobs and Money into the economy.

I can run my car or truck for about $1.50 cents a gallon. Would be nice to run Boat also Hmmmmmm .

Its clean for the enviroment.

We dont need to get our solders Killed over fighting for IT.

We can drill a Well and Bring home a solder.

We dont need to pay foreign countries for a product that is right here under our feet.

We dont need to support countries that will kill our Children, Parents , Brothers or Sisters ,Aunts and Uncles in war.

If Done Properly it does not affect the enviroment. Drill Safe is the term.

So i guess right now with what Technology is avail and safe and here in our own country then YES I will support it.

Enjoy those Tribs and good luck with the fishing. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well said, my friend. I wish it was that simple. At least we can agree to disagree.

Rather than natural gas as the panacea to our energy needs, perhaps we should

look to the future. In 5 years time, solar energy will be cheaper and cleaner to produce than

energy from fossil fuels. It's too bad the Chinese and Europeans will be making all the money

on that new technology... the oil corporations who own all the politicians in this country sure

as he11 won't allow us to invest in it.

Not to add fuel to the fire, ;) but here's a catchy little tune called "My Water's On Fire Tonight" .

The truth about Dimock:

More here:

Please take the time to watch this particularly well done documentary with an open mind.

You may or may not find it refutes all your best arguments.

A simple but effective warning.

I will try to enjoy the tribs, but with the way global-warming has been doing a number on

U.S. precipitation levels, we'll be lucky if we get much of a run this fall.

BTW, how'd you know I've been using red worms and night crawlers lately? :)

Solar energy is a nice thought, but where are you going to store all those batteries and dispose of when you need to.

My water is on fire tonight, wow . my hunting camps water has been on fire for 30 years, no where near drilling hmmmmmm

I do know the Real truth about Dimick trust me on that one. So does the DEP evidently and the EPA

And waisting time on documentarys made by liberal democrates and or Activists that are only 1 sided is not worth any energy since we need to save the enviroment from global warming.

ok enough is enough.

I need to get ready to get my Eco friendly Big block ready for some Walleye and salmon this weekend.

Red worms and night crawlers, hmm its a good guess. :lol: