What would you pay for a chain on stand ???

Lund SSS

Well gentlemen I've been thrown a curve ball by my Dr. who tells me I aint going back to my blue collar career as I know it. That being said I think I can build a Chain on stand that fills some gaps in the market. What I really want to hear from you" the men in field " is what is the price you'd pay for a Stand made from all steel and will last a lifetime. Model is some what of a Screaming Eagle stand for those in the know. They can't be broke. When I move mine I throw it off the tree sometimes from 20' + and never a problem.

Any and all suggestions will be listened too and thought over completely. Thanks in advance

Steve

I can tell you what I have bought for the last 15 years and I still have the first 2 I bought which were Gorilla hang on stands built out of steel. I have bought their ladder stands and both their steel and aluminum hang on stands over the years. I have not had any problem with them and the ones I bought this year cost me $100 for the steel one and $120 for small aluminum one which weighs 10.5 pounds, which I will tell you is not an all day sitter but very easy to put up for quick set’s but it is pretty darn small.

I dont know anything about the screaming eagle stands but i will take a look at them for reference and let you know what I think. I dont know if this helps or not.

Gene

Thanks for the feedback Gene, I've seen them all and have to say that there more to a stand than saying it is light. The weight of a stand should NOT compromise the the lack of 1. noise 2. comfort and last but definitely not least SAFETY. A pound or two for carrying doesn't change anything. No one I know has to pack there stand for miles and most are less than a half a mile. Not saying I can build it better, because that would be hard to do. When I've got a prototype to show everyone I'll show the LOU people first.

Until then here's a link to the stands that I SWEAR BY http://www.e-screamingeagle.com/index.html

I personally would not buy a steel stand. I just think it would be too heavy. Too many strong material alternatives to reduce weight. I often times will walk in a half a mile or more to set it up for the season though. I also have a couple older stands that actually have a chain to attach. I do not like the chain as you can never really get them tight.I use the chain only as a hanging aid I can put a new, big rugged ratchet strat on it to really snug it up. I would like to see inexpensive replacement straps for tree stands. (which they probably have by now) I add a new ratched strap on all mine in addition to the original strap ever year. I look at the threads on the straps holding all that weight and wonder after once season. Therefore, the extra straps. Have a safe season everone.

I often times will walk in a half a mile or more to set it up for the season though. I also have a couple older stands that actually have a chain to attach. I do not like the chain as you can never really get them tight

Thanks for the feedback, I can't help but wonder if you checked out the link to the website and looked at the stands I'm thinking of modeling after. The chain is not supposed to get "tight" but just solid around the tree when you "seat" the stand by jumping down near the legs it's set, and very strong.