Cayuga 10/28

Had the day off from work, layed around the house part of the morning decided to go fishing. Big boat was tarped so I decided to get the kayak out. Weather was good, no wind. Started at T-falls headed northt to scout camp. Set one leadcore with flasher fly and started letting out leadcore with M/stinger spoon out. The rod was in the rod holder because it is hard to paddle and handle rods at the same time. Leadcore was out about 7 colors and still in freespool when a nice brown pounded it. Got him right to the boat when he spit the hook right into my thumb. It was a nice male around 5 or 6 lbs in full fall colors. Great sight and I hope to do battle with him another day. Headed north and had a many fish on. Landed 3 salmon and 2 rainbows. Many fish lost due to head wind. I had to leave rods in the rod holders while I turned the kayak down wind when I would remove the rod from the holder. It was a great day to be on the water. Fish turned off around 1:00pm but I still had a nice paddle. Wes

Hey Wes!! That's Hard Core!!! :clap:

Hope that brown didn't hook you too deeply!! :o

I've been river fishing almost daily in my smaller boat...

Nice perch (15.5 in) and Nice walleye (26 in, 7.5 lbs)

The walleye should be great come Nov and Dec.... :yes::yes:

2 days ago it was snowin and blowin... but I had a heater w us... :lol:

I wanna take out the bigger boat... but it is so much cheaper to fish around here now...

so I can save $$ for a possible Keys fishin trip in Feb..! :yes:

Hi Ben!... hop all is well with you :)

be well..!!

Carolyn

Is the river water clearing up? I've been thinking about inline boards on the river with the kayak for tigers. Never got a keeper tiger. I got some nice pike at Grippen park. Had a huge Tiger on but lost him. Had one pike hit the plug with only 4' of line left. Went under the kayak came out the other side jumped right in the boat in my lap. That is not good. He flipped back in the water with no blood drawn :clap: Best fishing of the year for people that brave it. It was tough running leadcore never done that with the yak. I lost many more than I landed. All my bites were on spoons. I kept the flasher fly out hoping for a kayak grand slam. Close but no cigar. If people are wondering I wear neoprene waders while fishing in the kayak in cold weather .That works great to keep me warm as well as dry. No matter how hard you try you still get water off the paddle. PFD on at all times even when its 100 deg. Wes

Splitshot is right you have alot more ambition than I do......that sounds like an awesome time......went out again this past sunday and did the same thing as last sunday....a ton of fish....no slammers but a couple LLs worth keeping and two nice lakers I let go....lost a nice brown when i had to hand line the dipsy in order to net it and only caught two very small rainbows. Going out this weekend again....taking my daughter and two younger boys....really hope the action is as hot as it's been.....for the kids i think numbers are more important.

Hi Wes....

sorry this answer is so delayed...

Rivers are too clear!!

Fish are hiding deep holes...

Got 30" and 38" Pike in the Chenanago few days ago...

on perch/walleye jigs...

No Muskies yet... tried at Grippen a couple days...

Been getting some nice perch... and fair sized walleyes..(22- 26")

I throw back anything over 22....

Only keep enough for dinner that night.

The Big Walleye should start soon... I boat fish til hard ice on rivers...

yeah... it's time to wear PFD.... water is down to 40 degrees now..

You are BRAVE... in the kayak!!!

...ps.. other day my water pump stopped ... had to run it a few hundred feet at a time then kill it to cool it... did that several times to get back.... hope I didn't destroy it..

in shop now.

that was a bad day.... starter motor was dead, I left FF on...

Had to start w cord (a first)...

then trolling batt went dead...

then 15 hp motor stopped peeing...

Glad I made it back without calling a buddy to come get me!!

Sorry to hear about the motor. Sounds like the fishing has been good :clap: I've got this week off bow hunting.I've been trying to get my hunting buddy to take an afternoon off to hit Cayuga with the big boat. We will see! Browns and salmon should be spawning hope I can find a few lakers. Wes