End of Sanders Website?

Hello All,

It seems like the Sanders bulletin boards have gone down for good. They've been out a week or more, long enough that folks may not bother going back. It has been declining for a year or so -fewer and few people were posting, and the site was getting glitchier. Maybe John Sanders figured he sold all the books he was going to sell, and decided not to pay for the upkeep of the site anymore. Anyway, it's a shame. I took up Finger Lakes fishing in 2006, and have had a tremendous amount of fun learning the ropes. The Sanders guide is where I started learning about jigging for lakers, and hooked up with several members for some fun trips. It seemed like the jiggers favored the Sanders site, and the trollers liked it here. Maybe now this site will see increased traffic. Besides learning new stuff, I like to come to the web boards and fish vicariously though all of you when I can't make it out.

Pete Collin

http://www.pcforestry.com

I really loved the Sanders Fishing Guides and a few years ago was corresponding directly with John Sander. I had heard he was coming out with a new edition, and I was urging him to do so, telling him his Guides were the ABSOLUTE BEST references I had ever come across for New York State fishing. At that time I believe he really intended to pursue a new edition, and he even told me that a lot of information had been sent to the DEC so they could review it for accuracy- a good move considering a lot of information I have read in other NYS Fishing Books has been a total fantasy, claiming there were lots of fish species in lakes where I knew they did not exist or were extremely rare.

I heard John had some health problems. Maybe this was the reason the new editions never came out. I had also heard that he had sold or turned over the information to someone else so they could pursue publishing updated Sanders Guides. But this turned out to be false. Too bad for everyone.

• 4 weeks later...