Species Breakdown: Browns and a laker

Hot Lure: stinger superman

Trolling Speed: 2.8

Down Speed: 2.6

Boat Depth: 40

Lure Depth: 30

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

It was supposed to be a perch fishing day, but after launching there seemed to be more waves in the bay than on the lake,so I decided to give the lake a try. Using a 6 color, an 8 color lead core and a rigger at 30 feet. Right out of the bay going east into 30 feet of water the first hit came and it never stopped . I had 3 doubles and 2 triples ,all of them cookie cutter 4 pounders except for the one that broke my 8 pound leader at first touch and another 8 pounder that I caught later. In the middle of what definitely was the best brown trout fishing trip I ever had, a big laker hit the lure on the down rigger and he gave as good of a fight as the eight pound brown. When they hit high up in the water they give a very good fight.

Glen do you remember the brown trout lure we used while pre-fishing the Pro-Am at Sodus Point? We bought every last one in the tackle store so nobody could get a hold of them. That one did all the damage,and as the paint got ripped off the lures, it only got better. I will have to buy a few more of those.

It was very amazing that my boat was the only one on the lake,one would think that everybody would be out for one last hurray

All in all a fantastic day on the lake.

Cornelis.

====================

Great report. My neighbor and I went down to Canandaigua only to find the State launch park closed. Decided not to run to the south end and tow the boat back toward home. Considered launching out of I-bay but I didn't know if the docks were still in and by then it was near 8:30 so we just towed her home.

MISTAKE!!!!

Nice going.

After last trips trouble I decided to put the trolling gear to the side and went to conesus for pike it was slow guess I should have gone to the lake oh well my boat stays ready untill the roads are not good for towing so maybe next time

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Cornelis -

Thanks for the helpful report: "Glen do you remember the brown trout lure we used while pre-fishing the Pro-Am at Sodus Point? We bought every last one in the tackle store so nobody could get a hold of them. That one did all the damage,and as the paint got ripped off the lures, it only got better. I will have to buy a few more of those.

Guess I thought this board was meant to be helpful - glad that you and Glen get to keep your little secret. Although I doubt the browns can clearly identify the manufacturer and model of the "mystery lure" you were using, the rest of us appreciate your "candor." Thanks for being a true sportsman (when all of the paint is "ripped offf" the lures, maybe you can try goldfish?).

Cornelis -

Thanks for the helpful report: "Glen do you remember the brown trout lure we used while pre-fishing the Pro-Am at Sodus Point? We bought every last one in the tackle store so nobody could get a hold of them. That one did all the damage,and as the paint got ripped off the lures, it only got better. I will have to buy a few more of those.

Guess I thought this board was meant to be helpful - glad that you and Glen get to keep your little secret. Although I doubt the browns can clearly identify the manufacturer and model of the "mystery lure" you were using, the rest of us appreciate your "candor." Thanks for being a true sportsman (when all of the paint is "ripped offf" the lures, maybe you can try goldfish?).

Try and read again.

It identifies the lure as a "Stinger Superman" but I will help you even more. It is S97 or if you prefer the metallic version S126. S stands for Scorpion.

Next time please try to read the entire post. And as for goldfish. If you don't read the NYS bait fish regulations completely you might think that goldfish is legal bait.

Cornelis -

Don't get me involved in this Bullsh_t

And as far as the "buy every lure on the shelf so nobody else could get any" is more Bullsh_t.

If someone remembers correctly that same person suggested it and it was answered with a WTF are you kidding stare.

I bought 4 of those spoons. 2 to replace the two that got bent while releasing fish off the back of the boat and two more as spares because they were hot that day.

Didn't do much on tourney day though, we lost.

Have a great day.

Glen

Don't get yer shorts in a wad too soon there pat. Cornpopper's comment was meant to be "tongue in cheek", but you wouldn't realize it being a newbie to the site. ;) Both he and Glen share a lot of info and are some of the best sportsmen on the board & we're lucky to have them on the site. :yes:

Hey Bob who's "cornpopper" :lol:

Pat as u can see I left my number for Cornelius to give me a shout and he did shortly there after and was morn than willing to give me info as to what he was using. I went to the Singer web site and saw what the "superman" lure color was and though I didn't have any of them on my boat I had some similar in color.

Cornelius thanks again for the call and I did manage to get out with a couple guys that morning and we unfortunately manage to only get 2 dink browns and I do mean DINKS. Dragged them for a bit I believe :( because I was busy chatting with the guys (1st timer and his dad) and wasn't putting out the best of efforts on my part :$:doh: . Didn't mark a thing either :wondering: . Only fished for about an hour because we had plans to do some perchin in the bay (which was much better :clap: ) and I just wanted to give it a quick shot in the big waters, but the lure color you so generously mentioned in your post and to me on the phone were right on :yes::yes: