PFDs

W.W.IV.

I was fishing IBay yesterday And saw a sweet thing paddling her yack around the bay in a tank top and no vest. :( . There were maybe 10 boats around the channel markers and I still didn't see any vests, (I don't think you have to have them on when your anchored).And I saw a rental boat with to young men in it and no vests on. I did see a older gentlemen with a inflatable vest under his coat :( .I was sorry to here about the gentlemen who lost his life when there boat tipped over on Sodus bay. No vests on. Maybe they should put up signs at the launches about the vest law To inform the uninformed. :devil: I'm done.

I have no problem with anyone breaking that law of not wearing a PFD provided I don't have to pay for the search & rescue team to find him, the ambulance, the police, the coroner, hauling his boat out, etc. My taxes get wasted on enough other things.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I have no problem with anyone breaking that law of not wearing a PFD provided I don't have to pay for the search & rescue team to find him, the ambulance, the police, the coroner, hauling his boat out, etc. My taxes get wasted on enough other things.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Ditto here.

Stupidity should hurt!

• 2 weeks later...

if your not wearing a PFD and you fall into the icy waters... remember that your putting a ton of Fire, Coast guard and EMS personnel in harms way when they have to come looking for you... and think of the tax money it costs... coast guard search helicopters alone cost thousands of dollars to fuel for a single day.

I may have misread the comments but some of you guys wear life jackets all the time? That is good to hear. But I almost never see anyone in boat with PFD on. They make their kids where them which is good, but never adults.

I am from the live free and die crowd :D Not really, I have survival suits, PFD with harness and tether, and the big type 4? for emergency. I use them all when I think it is appropriate. Except for the last ones, hope those never get used. If it is nice and warm out which is most of the time - nothing.