1984 Penn Yan Touranment Fisherman

irish mist

I purchased this boat from Arney's in 1985 with 30 Hours on it. I've put on a 10 Rod Rocket Launcher Rack with side holders for nets and planer board masts.

The cudy cabin is lockable (after market) and there are mounts for two electic downriggers off the stearn (after market) and two manuals on the side (after market). Boat has a good compass (aftermarket) and lockable storage (aftermarket).

I've used the boat less than 100 hours in the last three years. Wanted to put it on the market earlier this summer but had to put in a new outdrive seal.

I have used the boat twice this year and am looking for something smaller to routinely trailer (Can't do it with my present vehicle and don't want to pay for dock fees with the use it gets). Boat comes with a Load Rite Galvanized Trailer.

Boat is presently in the water and in running condition at Stivers Marina on Seneca Lake.

Asking $4000, but would like to sell by end of season. Obviously a new rig of this size would be approximately 10X the cost.

My advice would be to get a good deal on it and put on 9.5 Trolling Motor and start fishing if you have the vehicle to haul it or a place to put it.

It is what it is basically, an old boat obvioulsy but set up well and in generally good condition.

I would be glad to show the boat, but starting Saturday will be in Seattle for a week (part of the reason I'm selling it). If you want to take a look see in the meantime, Stivers can show you the boat.

Again, it is what it is. Its sad that Penn Yan is no longer in business. It was a great boat and if Penn Yan still offered a 18 ot 19 ft. version that is what I would be buying. The 19 ft Triumps I am looking at sell for 30K plus rigged and don't have a cuddy,the freeboard, etc.. Essentially a open boat with not much freeboard.

The boat will be floating for a while and with a kicker I'm sure one can do some serious fishing with it for several years.

Daytime phone is: 315-597-3080

Night is: 315-331-4831