Boycott boat launch LAUNCH VERY RANDOWN AND EXPENSIVE

so i fish keuka lake all the time on the south end and the only place to launch is at the motle and the old man charges 10 dollars to launch i know im i pry complaining nut i would just like to ask all fellow fushers of keuka lake to use the free lauch by the switz and boycott the motel i think its rediculous how much the man charges and how rude he is to all the customers of the launch it is ran down her doesnt maintain it and you can only launch when its easiest for him 6am to 6pm i mean its a public lake and he has a monoply on the south end while treating people like crap and is very rude plus expensive i cant count how many times he has been a royal jerk to me for random things and me and the people i fish with are always polite and respectful but there is no point in being treated like that also the launch is really bad IT WILL COST AS MUCH IN GAS TO GO FROM THE SWITX DOWN TO HAMMONDSPORT AND ITS A BETTER MOTHER LAUNCH THANK YOU ALL THAT HELP

thank you tcon

sorry i misspelled words everyone :lol: i was in a hurry all im trying to say is boycot the launch until the guy untill the guy uses some of the money we pay to use the lauch to repair it i mean i been trying to be nice to the owner and talk to him even offered to give him fish the last comment i heard from him was "I cant't wait til fishing seasons is over so i dont have to get up so early". Just trying to have a nice place to launch our boat i would pay the money if the launch didnt beat up my boat and trailer everytime i launched and could atleast have a decent guy to deal with.

the launch there is ridiculous has not been maintained in years when you back your trailer in the wheels drop off the concrete about 8-10 inches any more of a drop you would be dragging the trailer think about pulling your trailor over concrete blocks in your drive way not to easy after that the bottom slopes really bad on the left side this makes loading a boat really fun if you have never had to load a boat with your trailer sitting on 45 degree you should try it last time i launched there my left wheels where no where to be seen and the right wheels and fender was still out of the water and then 10 bucks you pay for this only enough room for a few trucks and trailers so if your late you are not fishing from there while there is a launch right next to it it is for residents only what needs to be done is the village of hammonsport /urbana to get there head out of there ass's and realize the revenue there loosing each year by not having a public boat launch if they charged 5 bucks for there launch they could make 3-5 grand between mid march through the first part of november not to mention the bait sales and gas sales and snacks and everything else needed for a day on the water as it is now you must travel up to the bluff or penyann or to the state park in branchport to launch i myself would not recommend anyone to launch from the motel..

I agree. There should be something on that end of the lake. We went out there to stay for a weekend, and the biggest hassel of the entire trip was dealing with that man and his wife. I felt like a complete burden to them. Not to mention the 100% complete lack of trust and respect they showed us. A boat launch in Hammondsport would be a very good thing for the town. The folks at the Marina were incredibly nice and helpful, it would be great to see them start launching boats.

I've been using this ramp on and off since the mid '60's. The previous owner was a gem not like this guy. Never saw a "businessman" come off as such a jerk anywhere. A total idiot. We use the ramp at the Switz most of the year but for winter fishing( laker action really ramps up about Xmas week)that ramp is usually unuseable due to ice/snow.

The state has tried for years to purchase land at the south end for a state ramp but the locals have always sucessfully blocked it. They don't want the riff-raff on "their" lake.

All we can hope for is the old guys retires and sells the place to a someone that appreciates customers and acts human.

I got your point on your first post ..Cody......Over at Otsego Lake in Cooperstown......they are rude ( It's a HORRIBLE mud launch with a flimsy dock ) and they charge 10 bucks...This is a great fishery stocked by New York DEC and the city has the only launch....On the north end is a State Park ....but NO launch...I understand your frustration and will take your advice about the alternate launch..