Chautauqua Tourney June 23rd Changes

We will only have one Chautauqua Tourney this year,the Fall Tourney has only had 60 Entrants the last two years,not enough participation to make any funds for the Bait Fish Fund.We will have a yearly raffle ticket instead to raise the extra needed funds!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Awwww... that was my favorite tournament of the year. ;( Sorry to hear you are canceling the event Larry. I actually thought that 60 entrants was good! I see many tournaments around Lake Ontario every year that don't get that many and still operate in the green. So long as the tournament wasn't operating at a loss and was still able to generate some extra monies for the bait fish fund, my vote would be to keep it going! Thanks again for the past years of the fall tournament - it was always one I really looked forward to every year. :yes:

Very sad to hear the fall tourney is going away. I agree with Chad that it was my favorite of the year.

Larry, I know all of the work you put into the tournaments every year and hope you get enough thanks from the participants for everything you do to make each one a success...or at least know that I greatly appreciate all of your efforts!

Does this open an opportunity to have more a fun tournament for all of us during the fall? Maybe a small tourney of some sorts...one of my favorite parts of the tourneys is when we can all get together and catch up. I also think it would be more fun for Larry since he could actually fish it and not have to sit at the pavilion while we are all trying to catch the big one!

--Joe

I would get into a $5 per person big fish tourney in late October.But to have a big tourney with food and all just has not been that profitable for all the effort and expense to do it right.Liability Insurance,buttons,forms,mailings,food and supplies use up almost all funds left over after prize payout.A raffle ticket will make more money for the Baitfish Fund,sold all summer and drawn in October.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png