Canandaigua 11/21 from shore

I had to drive to Bristol to pick up the boat at Rick's Marine before I put it in storage at Six Valleys Storage high in the Naples hills so I had to check out Onanda Park for some shore casting, it's on the way you know. The sign at the entrance states the seasonal launch is open for any of you fisherman still looking to get on the water and maybe save some drive time either on the road or on the water. The area out front of the launch and the casting dock drops off very fast and the area to the north and south provided good fishing for me all season long. I ran through the colors green/ glow and green /silver K O Wobblers, blue / glow Lil Cleos and Daredevels in firetiger and orange with black dots. I worked from the dock and the shore but the dock area was best since it really drops off so fast. After about 20 minutes I did get one follower that looked like a brown trout. So it was nice to see there were fish in the area. I only had so much time so I gave it another 10 minutes chucking that green glow K O Wobbler 3/4 oz. and then I had to go pick up the boat. The Onanda Park is located on West Lake Rd aka County Road 16. There was one SUV and boat trailer in parking lot.

100_3177.jpg

100_3178.jpg

High in the Naples Hills looking south

100_3179.jpg

Nice! I have had some success casting from that dock, before I met FLXTroutman and started catching lakers from his boat. :D

Also, I found that a slip bobber with a big shiner down about 15' or so, on a fluorocarbon leader of 2 - 3 feet length works pretty good in mid-March. Caught some nice, eater-sized Browns there .