Seneca County Buck...

vicarious

I live in NJ and normally live vicariously through all of your fishing stories and pics. So, today, I'm happy to be able to return the favor with a quick story and a pic that I hope you all will appreciate.

My uncle and I were hunting a small Seneca county farm this morning and at 7:20, this buck came to within 40 yards of my uncle.

DSC_0148.jpg

Thanks guys... I've passed on all of your comments.

We won't know his official score for a few months, but a local guide gave him a rough, green score of 170+ typical, 190+ non-typical.

Without a doubt, a beautiful animal and a buck of a lifetime!

Good luck to all of you in search of his siblings... I'm sure there are more like him out there!!!

Thanks, definitely better, more appropriate responses!!

On one hand, I can understand that people have questions and want to know specifics. Especially since neither my uncle nor I started the thread on that forum. The pics were copied from this site and posted there without permission, without context by someone else who obviously meant well and wanted to share the news, but didn't have any knowledge of the harvest.

However, to suggest that something was wrong with the deer or that my uncle did something inappropriate is a disservice to both!

It was a beautiful, healthy animal and my uncle is a true NY outdoorsman through and through... bow, shotgun, muzzle loader, scents, mock scrapes, etc.

Like I originally wrote, the only reason I posted here is because I've read the Finger Lakes fishing forum daily for the past 2/3 years. I grew up on Seneca, but rarely get to fish and therefore don't have anything to contribute, so this was my 'attempt' to give back!

For those interested, more details/pics will be released about the hunter and the harvest, but my uncle is coordinating that. Once I have the details, I'll post them here.

Thanks again to all for the feedback and congratulations! My uncle is still on cloud 9!

@cdgn troller - Brett, check your gmail account...

Hey I dont care if it was hit by a car walkin on 1 leg with 4 holes in it , Yer Uncle got the job done.. Some seasons the deer walk to you and its over ,,,other seasons you bust yer butt and settle for what you get...

He l l ,,,, I feel good just seeing a pic of such a great N Y deer,let alone shootin it..

Give yer Uncle a good handshake for me!!!!!!!!!!, and i know one of the best taxidermest in the state if not the country (seriously) send me pm if it ant too late ..