Fishfinder/GPS advice

Stihl029

Hey guys,

Looking for some advice on the best Fishfinder/GPS for my Tracker deep V for next season. My primary fishing is in the great lakes, I live 2 miles from Lake Ontario, and enjoy Oneida, Skaneateles Lakes also. I'd like something that I can find fish with, see structures, and be able to save GPS locations of hot spots. So I'm looking I think for something that's color, has the great lakes in maps, can see structures, and find me fish. I know this is a tall order, but any ideas? My boats only an 18 footer, so I'm not going out in the deep waters of Lake Ontario looking for salmon, I'm mostly fishing for Bass, Perch, Walleye, and other pan fish. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I use a Humminbird 727 and couldn't be happier with the quad beam setup (90* of sonar coverage.) I recently bought a Lowrance m68c/map on black firday at bass pro and so far it is a nice gps. I was mainly just looking for something that gives me a track line and can save waypoints for when I get on large bait clouds and shoals. I do wish I could upgrade the maps but for the price I can't complain.

I 2nd the Garmin. I have 2 units on my boat and they both work great. I bought a 441 last year as a backup and its flawless. As Jeff said the maps are already in it. The contour maps were a big help. First unit didn't have them.

Total Chaos