Chautauqua 11/26

Hit Chautauqua yesterday as the musky season draws to a close(man how depressing is that!)and what an beautiful day for the end of November. Water temps in the 43-44 degree range and visibility was great 10 feet plus. The day started out kind of slow had 6 or 7 follows by noon with no takers , shortly after noon I hooked up with a upper 40’s fish and lost it before I could get her to the net(heartbreaker). That first fish I lost was really starting hurt as the day went on with more follows and none were willing to take , as the sun was on it’s way down and time running out(for the day and the season)I headed back to a spot we had fished a few times during the day and kept seeing fish but no takers. Just as the sun dropped below the horizon wham , finally put one in the net which made me feel a little better about the first fish.. Now with daylight fading fast but not dark yet I figured we had time for a few more cast and wham fish number 2 in the net.

Chautauqua has always had a very pronounced first light and last light bite , there has be a number of times when at the end of a fishless day between sunset and dark the whole day changes. Would like to get out Monday or Tuesday for the last trip of the year depending on the weather

PB260049.jpg

PB260051.jpg