Well, after leaving the house at 4:30am ( :( ) my son and I launched at Sandy about 6:00am. I could hear the waves against the rocks and knew we were in for a bumpy ride with my 17' Tracker. As we reached the mouth the waves were pounding up over the rocks (guessing 2-3' rollers). I said we'll start out and see how it is. We didn't go far! After about 100 yards and waves higher than the bow we swung around and rode a wave all the way back in - kinda fun, but not as fun as fishing!

We sat tied to the yacht clubs walkway and I luckily had worms and crabs to keep the boy occupied for an hour and a 1/2 until it calmed down to 1-2' rollers and I had the balls to try it again. I sat there in envy as a few bigger boats passed us by on there way out. :(:(:(

By the way the large mouth fishing in the creek was very good! :)

I went out to 150' north east of the mouth and set up 3 wire dipsey rods. We trolled, with the waves pushing us along, back into 100 fow when we had the 180' wire on #1 setting start screaming. A very fiesty 15.5# king. It took a white/pearl e-chip w/ white mirage fly. The GPS was 2.5mph. A few pictures and back it went.

The boy was happy to get it in. :D:D:D We haven't killed um' the few times we've been out, but haven't smelled the skunk yet either, and he was glad to keep the streak alive.

OK, so that worked. I picked up the rods and attempting the same type of pass again. Part way into the run I notice the boy taking off his sunglasses and his face flushing some as he laid back in the seat. He was starting to feel the BIG O's swells. I must admit I wasn't 100% either, but didn't want to say anything. He said he was feeling a bit queezy, so we packed it up and headed to the NK store to spend some more $ on fishing supplies.

We did mark quite a bit in the 90-100' range. But the wind / wave direction did not allow us to concentrate there. :(

There will be better days ahead. :)

GOOD FISHING TO ALL!

LTtroller

(Bob)

P.S. - Sorry about the lengthy report for just 1 fish, but I am bored hear at work today, and maybe it will help kill some time for someone else sitting at work. LOL :lol:

LTtroller, sorry to read you had a bumpy trip but good to read that you boated a nice king. Thanks for your posting. I plan on going out late afternoon. Perhaps conditions will improve by then.

Yup I'm still at work and bored so I'm checkin on you guys to see if your doin ok :lol: Still in Hotlanta, Ga. went to Old Milwaukee for a day, (city not beer....Rats) now back down here again sweatin and checkin this site like a sicko but I'm not seasick yet. Thanks for the lenthy report I like a good essay as a way to pass time....I mean work :roll: The rollers are a gut twister sometimes especially when trolling downwind with the engine fumes coming at ya :mrgreen: KEEP EATIN CRACKERS

Mark

Fostern, sorry I missed your posting. If it makes you feel better the wind was out of the north with 2-3 and an occasional 4. This was about 3:30pm I do think it calmed down further as the evening progressed. I was going to take my grandson out but decided to stay dockside and had fun on the rock bass, perch and blue gills. He had a blast.

See you on the water.