Rubber Mats

Just Fishin'

I have new to me older model Silverton with a flybridge. It appears the bridge floor has been painted and repainted numerous times. I was thinking of trying some good quality interlocking rubber mats cut to fit the entire upper helm rather than painting this year.

Anyone out there ever try this and have any thoughts on how it worked out?

We put mats on the deck of our Sportcraft. We like them for the cushioning you get on your feet and when dropping stuff on the deck. They also provide better footing than the gelcoated nonskid of the boat deck. There is a downside and that is cleaning up the deck during a day of fishing. They do catch dirt and debris.

Go to http://www.dri-dek.com the stuff is great. I have had the Dri Dek in my boat for two years it is great the water flows under it and it rolls up for easy cleaning. I installed the 1ft square sections they snap together and hold up great. My floor has taken a beating and still looks new. I used to have to clean scuff marks for hours off the deck now I only clean it about once a month. If by some chance you drop a rigger ball you will be glad you have it.

IMG_5088.jpg

Thanks for the link to dri-dek. I really like the looks of that product. Is your application a "sheet" or individual "tiles". Did you have to trim anything to fit or were you lucky enough to fit the dri-dek in the dimensions of your boat. I want to use this stuff over a fiberglass floor of a Grady White Tournament 190.

Dennis

I work as a mold maker in a shop in Rochester. We have used the Dri deck squares as floor mats for at least 10 years... coolant, oil, metal chips, grinding grit, and constant abuse.... this stuff wears like iron.... I think the mats will outlast your boat !!.... easy to take apart to re configure or clean.

Sean, not sure how to word this, but is the texture rubbery like and comfortable under foot or more of a hard plastic like? Since it can roll up I am assuming it is rubbery and comfortable to walk on? Looks like great stuff.

Sean, not sure how to word this, but is the texture rubbery like and comfortable under foot or more of a hard plastic like? Since it can roll up I am assuming it is rubbery and comfortable to walk on? Looks like great stuff.

Easy to walk on, the warmer it gets it softens up but not to much. It has small bumps on top of it for grip if you go bare foot on it you will feal it. It makes standing on the deck all day easier on the back. The stuff I had was 1ft sections and snaped together, I even put it over my bildge hatch and the slight 1/2 inch change in elivation does not effect it at all.

It is easy to cut if you need to I was lucky and only had to make a few cuts. I had extra so I did the pilot house and the bottom of my storage areas. It works great for keeping air flow under your gear in storage areas. They sell tapered end caps and edging also that i think are 2 inches if you are short a few inces on the sides or ends. I was fishing on charter boats in mexico they all had it and it had been in the boats for years and still looked new.

Sean:

Thinking of using this on my Seaswirl. Non skid surface is gradually loosing the

non-skid surface. I would have to make a few more cuts that you look like you

had to. What did you cut it with? Also, from front to back and side to side is your's tight? I guess I'm wondering if it moves or slides at all.

Thanks.

John

Hi John, I just put a board under it and cut it with a razor knife. I have around an inch on both sides and one inch on the ends. I will have the floor move to the back of the boat an inch or so after a few weeks you just grab the whole thing and pull it up. I also hall my boat hundreds of miles down the road so stop and go driving is what does it, when I have a couple hundred pounds of coolers sitting on it. It does keep the gear from sliding around in the pounding waves. The thing I love about it is I hate scuff marks on the deck this cuts down on all the cleaning time. Sean

Thanks Sean. I'm sure you have the same internal groan I do when you see someone get onboard

with dark soles....especially black crocs or sandals! Even with the various cleaners out there, it still is

a lot of work cleaning that up. So for cleanup, what do you do, just fold it 1/2 at a time?

Sent you a brief pm.

John

I hate the Scuffs! Clean up is easy for every day clean up I hit it with the wash down the blood and crap runs under it and out of the boat. When you are not grinding the blood and dirt into the floor any more it washes out easy. When I want to do a good cleaning I roll it up like carpet and scrub the deck with soft scrub gell with bleach at home then roll it back out. Sean