Any good jerky recipes out there for venison?

bluewater

Just wondering if anyone knew of any good venison jerky marinades I have one for teriyaki thats pretty good but I wanted to try some others that are good, I got the high mountain jerky pepper seasoning from Gander mountain and it came out TERRIBLE I wasted 15lbs of venison on it, now I have 15lbs of dog treats!!!!

For muscle meat: 1/2 cup bourbon, 1/2 cup water, 1/4cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup soy sauce, w 2Tsalt. Mix well and marinade for 48hrs. I've only used this in a smoker and haven't tried it in the dehydrator.

For ground meat, I've tried most of the Jerky Cure flavors and have always gone back to the Mesquite flavor of Jerky Cure. This is what I use in a dehydrator.

Good luck,

Shawn

I know Shawn (FX) makes some gooood jerky, I have had some last year. Didn't last more than a day...maybe two :yes::mmm:

you will do well with his, here are a couple of other of my favorites.

In case your interested in some real zest....and COLD COLD beer....or trying to warm up on those cold days on the ice filling your pail with catch of the day, try this, but adjust the heat with the other dry ingredients to heat tolerance!

This is for muscle strips and hickory smoke for 3 hours, then dry time. Try to keep the smoker over 150 but under 200 degrees if you can.

Give Me Some Water Now! Jerky

This one can be as hot as you like it. Are you brave enough? This seasons five pounds of meat.

Down one shot of Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila.(optional) Now for the marinade, start with...

1 cup of Cuervo Gold tequila

2 tablespoons canning salt

2 tablespoons white sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons of Tender Quick

1/4 cup of Tabasco brand pepper sauce

...and now for the heat ... Adjust these ingredients to your individual taste. Add 2 tablespoons of powdered cayenne, a half-dozen chopped Jalapenos, and 2 finely chopped Habanero peppers. Be darned careful when working with the peppers...wear plastic gloves and DON'T touch your eyes or face.

IMPORTANT!!!!

Allow this marinade to steep for several hours(or overnight) before combining with the meat. This will give time for the tequila to pull the heat and flavor out of the peppers.

Add the marinade to the slices of venison(five pounds), mixing well. Marinate overnight in the fridge before smoking/dehydrating. The meat can be rinsed off quickly before drying, or the little bits of pepper can be left on for added pleasure/torture!

FOR A MORE MILD AND TASTY SNACK STICK I LIKE THIS FOR GROUND USING A ROUND NOZZLE ON THE JERKY SHOOTER AND TWO PANS (ABOUT 2.5- 3 HRS. SMOKE) OF HICKORY/CHERRY MIX IN THE SMOKER

Italian Deer Sticks Recipe

3 pounds ground venison

2 pounds ground pork

2 tablespoons canning salt

1 1/2 teaspoons Tender Quick Curing Mix

1 1/2 teaspoons dry oregano, crushed

1 1/2 teaspoons dry basil

1 teaspoon dry rosemary

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 cup dry red wine

Mix the venison and pork (if a little moister product is preferred use pork) together thoroughly, then add the salt and Tender Quick, mixing well. Allow this to rest in the fridge for two days. WITHOUT the other ingredients. (you will add the spices and mix just before smoking)

Combine the dry ingredients , and add to the ground venison/pork mixture along with the wine. Again, mix thoroughly. If you use your hands for mixing, wear plastic gloves to prevent wine stains. Allow this to rest for one hour.

Form the meat mixture and smoke/dehydrate until done.

Mark

go to walmart buy a box of nesco original jerky mix follow simple instructions ....done

No eatin the worm, (tequila),

No need for fire moulth,

No Mexican Heart burn...

Perfect every time with preservative, vac seal and it last 2 months, ive even froze it for many months (not as good as fresh)

you got that right Ray that is all I use also everyone loves it I add crushed red pepper, and a little cayanne to spice it up.. would not believe how much you need to add, to get it kicked up, always think I am over doing it.. turns out perfect. I like to use the flat part of the dispensor, the tube does not seem to dry well enough, to thick. hamburg only.