First time out on LO this year. Went 4/4 Sunday morning 7:30 to 11 - kings 17 to 23lbs. Fished 170' to 190' all morning. All fish came 45' to 55' down. Fished 2 poles - boated a double (alone) on cut bait flashers. After a huge tangle switched over to spoons -purple/blue ladderback R&Rs and picked up 2 more. Hope to get out at Hughes a few more times this year!

Ive got some meat in the freezer. I got it earlier in the year. Ive been saving it for the fall LOC.I figured there would not be any around. I havent run any yet this year but after your report. I guess its time to get out the meat. Twinkie riggs,360 rotators , What did you have going?

Fishstix - I was running Pink/Purple Challenger Big Eye Flashers with green/purple twinkies and pink/purple Challenger heads. I've had real good luck with this setup for probably 4 or 5 yrs. I don't get out enough to experiment so I stick with what works for me.

Persistence - I do get up to Hughes a few times a year but that was my first time this year. That was my first solo double though. I think the 40lb test line did have something to do with it!