where to fish on lake with small boat?

I'm heading up to Oswego on Sat. from NH. and run a 17' boat. The weather/waves get me a little nervous. If the big lake gets too rough where would you recommend trying for trout/salmon. Are there any in the Salmon River already? If so, can you fish for them by boat? What lures and location? I posted a similar message on the finger lakes link and got some great responses. Are there any bays that could produce trout/salmon this time of year and keep me out of the rough stuff. I live on a "bass" lake and would prefer not to target them. I wouldn't be opposed to going after big pike/muskie if I can't get out on the main lake. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris

Guest Jekyll

I fish out of Oswego with an 18.5 Alumacraft. When the lake gets to big, I head to Seneca and clean up on Lake Trout. Usually catch lots of lakers but they are smaller than the kings. Seneca runs North to South so it is always fishable when the West wind blows me off LO. Seneca is about an hour West of Oswego. I use the same tackle and techniques, just go deeper. Geneva has a great launch at the North end of Seneca.

Jekyll