New PureBred Muskie Lake

If it was one, it was definitely a straggler as there is not a population of tigers or pures in Seneca. Theres no disputing that. A straggler is definitely possible though with the canal. There was one caught (with pic) in Lake Alice a few yrs back that I saw and theres none in there either. Thats connected to oak orchard creek above the dam so it had to come from the canal somehow too.

yes there are locks on the canal from the oswego but there are locks coming in from erie as well a ski could eventually get through them though I would suspect it does not happen often. the thing is from that side its in the seneca river which is not drained so a pure could live in the river system for years before actully getting to the lake. on a side my buddy caught a 20" juvie ski on the lower genney while walleye fishing two years ago I didnt post earlier because I wasnt 100% sure of my memory so I had to go back and confirm it. there was a pic but I dont have it on my comp to post it. tells me there is some reproducing populaton in lake O around rochester though not near the concentration as there is in other places on the lake like the st.lawrence area for example. I saw an article a few years back in infisherman about a guide who did a lot of open water trolling for them in the great lakes and caught some monsters. fished temp and bait structure to find them.

Let's really open this up... Evidently almost any fish that can exist in similar waters (fresh, salt, warm water, cold, anadromus), could potentially move into and exist, possibly even reproduce successfully without 99% of folks knowing of them. Surprise life forms are found in many places where it was thought they did not. How about the coelacanth...Anyone ever think there might be bull sharks in the big lakes? :o