bay of quinte pics this fall,11/28-29-30 2011

choo-choo

Orangediablo....thanks.....that place is amazing. If you like walleye's ,you gotta make a trip up there . We have been starting to find some nice eye's on the U.S. side of lake ontario, but it is not even close in comparison, in size and numbers. I don't think there is anywhere in North America where there are that many large walleye's ....steve

Yes. those are real beauts! I've been hearing and reading about this walleye fishery (especially in In Fisherman) for what seems like 30 years or so. And you're right about the south shore 'eyes. Usually caught as incidental by-catch on close to shore, early spring trout forays. Caught a nice 7-8 pounder right out of Hughes this spring (first fish of the day), about 2 minutes out of the marina "chute" there, on a b/w original #11 Rap. Biggest one yet.

Polar Bear ...""Wow" is a good way to describe it up there...it is really insane the amount of fish that pour into those bays in the fall each year. I was thinking to myself when we were up there, that with so many fish stacked up, i hope that some type of disease doesn't just spread like wildfire and hurt the fishery. It just seems like there are too many fish in one area...i know that sounds like a weird concept"too many fish", but my goodness, you gotta check your sonar settings, to make sure you are not in simulator mode, or getting double or triple or quaddruple fish arches for 1 fish!!It's nuts.

Panfisher...there is actually some pretty good walleye that are getting caught in different areas from sodus , fair haven, oswego , sandy pond , henderson area, black river, chaumont , st lawrence and other bays and towns in U.S. waters...but all of them combined, isn't even a fraction of what the got up there near QUINTE !!.....steve