Critter-proof shrinkwrapped boat

chinook266

Finally got the boat shrinkwrapped. Keeping it on the side of the garage. There's some woods behind the house and have noticed quite a few varmint around (fox, skunk, cats, etc.) The shrinkwrap goes around the outboards but it looks like its easy entrance up into the splashwell and into the boat. I don't want to provide winter lodging for the local animal population. I've spread dryer sheets throughout the interior and in every compartment. Is this good enough or is there a better solution to keep things out? Would a little bit of ammonia in the splashwell hurt anything? (ie react with the alluminum)

I put two boxes of moth balls in my boat before it goes into storage. I put them in every nook and crany. And put a few in the splashwell too. Then i vacuum them up with shop vac in the spring. Takes about a week for it to air out. But keeps the critters out.

I use Bounce dryer sheets. They smell better than the moth balls. I put them in every compartment and leave all compartments open. I stick them in most every crack and crevis and lay them all ove r the floor. Two boxes of 100 minimum creates such a strong smell that I think the critter hate it as it burns their nose. Has worked well for me as long as you use Bounce and not the off brands.