2011 Pay Every Day Derby

blrunner

My son got the biggest fish on 8/14/2011(correction: the date is 8/26/2011) and hasn’t been paid, we can’t seem to get any replies from emails off their website. I know of another person that hasn’t been paid also. Is their any one else that didn’t get paid that was in the pay every day derby or know why they don’t answer any emails. Not a good way to do business.

Not answering inquiries is not good. I remember an e-mail poll of entrants to determine if entrants preferred a VERY small payout (much less than entry fee), or would rather suspend payouts for a time to enable end of summer payouts be reasonable. Another e-mail stated that the voting directed the payouts be suspended, and I think it was for around that time frame.

Participation was poor from what I've been told. Not enough entrants to make the payments. I'll be reconsidering entering next year. The "hook" for me was the ability to fish solo, the only money tournament that didn't require a partner. Big boats and charter people had a huge advantage.

The boat & crew I fished with last season won it 5 times, and got paid each time without a problem. I don't know the context of your situation and the PEDD. I think they suspended payouts for a time in order to do what they were calling a year end bonanza...which didn't appeal to me (or anyone else I think) and it got called for weather. The word was their were almost no entrants though.

I am almost certain your date falls into that slot. The only thing I saw on the site was that PEDD black out ended Aug. 16.

Since the season is over, Bob may not even be checking his mail. Maybe he's living the good life watching chicks run around in bikinis sipping a cocktail on a beach somewhere....who knows?

We should be fair...you may not be due a check and not answering mail in the winter in not all that unusual.

I see the black out ended on August 16th, my son caught his fish August 26th and the other person that won on the last day of the pedd also didn't get paid and no answers to emails, he gave up trying. Still no reason not to answer emails since September. You should still receive notice if you won and won't be paid, its just good business. In all fairness this is the last pedd I will be in.

Note: why arnen't the weigh stations notified of these black out dates so fish are not weighed

Well, let us know how it pans out. You said in your first post the 14th....then on your second you say the 26th? The Bonanza was to be the 28th. I agree that it should be way more clear if/when there are periods they suspend payouts based on entrants.