trophy boats

Gene Shenk

Hi Guys

I was looking for input on trophy walkaround cuddy boats 2002 to 2006 I was looking at few 18 and 19 footers with the 115 hp 4 stroke outboard. I rode in the 18 with this motor and it was fast enough for me and was told it sipped the gas. If you guys could give me your thoughts I would appericate it.

Thanks

Gene

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Yankee I would be interested on the details I almost bought one from a dealer in buffalo but was way off on the trade value of my boat to do that deal. If the price was right I would just wait and sell my boat next year.

Thanks

Gene

My last boat was a trophy. It was a solid boat for the money. I put a 115 4stroke on it {honda} made it to heavy in the back. Two people in the back to net a fish and the water would run in thru the scuppers.This problem always made me a little nervous. It also had a tendency to Rock and roll when the water was rough.Quality wise for the money probably best buy out there.I like a glass boat. It had strong gunnels to mount downriggers. Not much storage.

One man can still handle a trophy boat Mine was a 20ft. trailered nice also.

• 4 months later...

I have a 2004 trophy 1802. Its a nice boat to own if you pull it to the lake for every trip out. I live in Pennsylvania and have no choice, Due to the fact that I fish Lake Wallenpaupack during the week. It has the 115 Salt 4 stroke on it and is great on fuel. I can push her up to about 30 mph on a good flat day. It could use some more storage on it but that seems like that case on every boat. I also have a 9.9 kicker on it and that moves it just fine. I have mine set up with 2 Big Jon caption packs, and a walker strike vision. This spring Iam gunna try to work out the planer board reels.

If ya can swing the 19-20 footer I would go with it , but the 1802 is still a great boat for the $. We only lost a few days fishing due to rough seas.

I have a 2005 1802 walkaround with the two stroke 125 Saltwater Merc. It fishes 3 real comfortably, and can do four people. Top end is 45-48 mph, cruise about 30 mph. It will also troll down to about 1.8 mph (gps). The engine I have only runs on two cylinders (out of four) when it is below 1800 rpm's, so trolling is real inexpensive. Have been out in small craft advisories and felt safe. (I don't need the lecture, already got it from my Dad and my Wife.) For the money I don't think you can beat them. Mine does have some spider webbing of the gel coat at three different spots, but numerous people who have looked at it assure me it is purely cosmetic and not a problem.