new Which lake to fish?

New here .Just got my first boat last summer It is an alumacraft lunker 16' . It is about equal distances for me to Canandaigua,Kueka and South end of Seneca about 75miles . If you were just starting out which lake would you concentrate most on and why ? I will probably be running two riggers only have one now .

Seneca, the south end of this lake is one of the best of the fingerlakes in the winter. With this season be reasonable, you have many launches to choose from and great fishing only 200 yards from the launch at either one. Riggers and flat lines is all you will need to enjoy a day on Seneca. This time of year till about June is the best ever. If I had a winter boat, I would be on the water right this minute. Good Luck to you and let us know if there is anything else you need to know!! Welcome to the site.

ps. Remember all vessels under 21 foot in length require all occupants to have their life vests on. Be safe and happy fishing.

Nick

I agree Seneca would be my choice, for whatever reason Cayuga has been inconsistant the last few years. We've had more banner days on Seneca than Cayuga. LLs in the 8 to 12 lb class are quite common. You might want to rig up some leadcore the bigger fish are 60 to 100 ft down so the leadcore can cover the upper part of the column. I suggest the west shore by the salt plant. Last year greens and mellon colors worked the best on flys & dodgers! We'll start getting serious after1/1.

Ken