Baker Lures

I just happened to see this even though I have been avoiding internet forums lately. Easiest way to get in touch with me is to just give me a call @ 585-414-0138. I am building for the Butler Musky Show now and have some baits in stock in around 12 colors and 2 sizes as of now. Give me a buzz and we can talk all you want. Thanks very much for the interest.

:yes:

I just saw you named them, lol. I think the late Vince B would approve, I really hope these work out well for you b/c I am only making 10 total for now. I want these to last for you as long as they can and really do hope they are successful for you. Who knows? If they start tearing up the fish, it may be something I do more of come summer time. Until then its getting baits ready for the Butler Show, filling a nice order from Kyle at Bigwoods Musky Shop (I am getting picked up by http://www.bigwoodmuskylures.com/ after the PA show and he is worried about me not being able to make enough) then its making baits for the Michigan Musky Shop, 2 smaller shops in WV, a small shop in PA and last for the Hooker who placed an order for 150 baits. I am also working on getting them stocked at Cave Run in Kentucky but that is just in the works for now. I should be busy cranking out plugs until at least June with at least 750 of the 5" baits to make and that's not counting the new 8" deep divers that were successfully tested this fall or any lure donations/fundraisers or private orders. It looks like it should honestly be around 1,000 baits by mid-June of 2012. Thats a lot of baitmaking to me! I have also been working on my Baker Baits webpage and will get that up and running sometime soon but I suck at computers so........ Who would have thunk it? Not me when I started this bait making adventure. Very grateful for all the support I have be given b/c I have almost hung up the airbrush for good a few times over the past couple of years. Glad I didn't now.

good for you zach...hard work pays off when a quality bait is produced and i`m happy to have them all in my arsenal!!!I have a couple that i`ve put in my antique lure collection-and they look great(never be in the water).There are a couple muskie lures that i consider modern classics that are signed right next to them.Keep it up zachy boy.Fine job you do!

ps...got a nice pic of when we were down @ saltfork im thinking of posting-go figure it was raining lol)Seeya man.

Have a merry christmas

sol :beer:

• 1 month later...

Ray J: I was at the show also. It would have been nice to have met you and actually be able to put a face to your name.

Zach: I hope everything is okay. I was going to post a picture of your booth and make a joke about it, but I think I will pass now. ;) Maybe see you at the Michigan show?

--Joe

After missing the Pittsburgh show I was starting to freak out thinking I have all these plugs and what am I going to do with them. I honestly map quested the route to Michigan to see if I needed to go since I had the invite and a bunch of plugs. To make the long story short, I have no need to freak out anymore, I sold all of my plugs that I made for the show from last Sunday to this Wednesday all in private orders. People found out I had plugs and the phone kept ringing and I sold over 100 baits in 3 days. Now I have an order of 75-80 baits just for the guys in PA from 3Rivers Chapter 16 of Musky Inc. So a really bad thing (me missing the show) actually worked out in my favor this time. I really thought that for the first time in this bait making adventure that I had stock and had some plugs in inventory and with in 3 days they are all gone leaving me back to painting and building for the order. Much love to the PA guys and the Ohio boys for sucking these baits up! You guys really came through for me and I am thrilled. Coming up before the opener for us in NY here, I am going to have a LOU special and offer my baits to you guys first at a discount b/c you guys are very important to me. Well off to make baits and try to be a decent father- your homeboy for Henrietta- Zach Baker

glad this past week sorted itself out for ya....and you were worried.Mich show not a bad ride,made it with larry last year in a day-rather long with the snowstorm on way back.Next time i`ll spend the night!welp...off to greece in am to work on the boat and start tearing off the old motor getting ready to install my new/old one.I`m gonna need another box if (when)i get more bakers :lol:

Bob S

Hey Zach,

Glad to hear that you had so many phone-in orders and such a great order through Big Wood Baits! It is always great to see a local guy show a lot of success that was just started as a hobby and has turned into a business!

I was hoping to see you this weekend at the Michigan Show just to be able to catch up and see how you are doing, but knowing the orders are coming in and that you may actually get to spend some time with the family is good enough for me! :yes:

Talk to you soon.

--Joe