second half report

john1947

It was slow for us on sodus,got out alittle late and there were many many parties. Big mistake was I forgot to store my wonderducks in the boat.We ended up on the north shore and had very few mallards come by. This area has always been a top spot for mallards.Mostly oldsquaw and mercs. Did see many dead ducks floating south from the breakwall.You could have got your limit without firing the gun.Saw no geese .My son hunted furhter south with a layout boat setup and did well on divers there.many of the layouts did well on oldsquaw.

Well snow and colder weather is on its way for later this week.

Did hear there were many mallards by the canal lately.

Perch fishing is still good at sodus so if the birds arnt flying the perch are there latest Iheard they were deep 40 ft.

Banner morning for me. Went to a beaver pond 5 minutes from the house. Left at 6:15 was home by 8:30 with a limit of mallards. Seen a lot of mallards and 2 flocks of woodies but could not get them to decoy. Dog made every retrieve and even found one that dropped in some thick cover. Had to break some skim ice then set the deeks. Turned the mojo on and it was game on. First 4 shots 4 birds, with a double. Can't remember a better morning.

PC260001.jpg