cayuga 8/17

We launched 6:30 and headed to the middle of the lake. Started trolling north and hit fish after fish after fish until we got to AES or whatever it is called. Riggers and wire were both hot. Best spoons were purple frog and kevorkian with a purple and glow strip down 90 +100. Started trolling south and the fishing slowed a bit. Headed north again and did a few on the wires. Trash can w/ no see um fly and silver dodger w/ LBB fly out 300+310 on a 2 setting. Headed to the west shore and found fish from the scout camp to TP point in 100 -125fow. We did a rainbow that weighed 6lbs 2oz first thing in the morning on a pink alewife R&R spoon. It was a slider on the 90ft rigger. I have no idea how many fish we caught. The lake is full of nice lakers and the amount of bait we marked was unbelievable.

The weather man sucks. i read 10 -20 WNW wind for today. We got to the lake and the wind was from the south at about 5mph. About 10:30 it switched out of the north but it was about 5-10mph. When we left the lake it was 0mph. I would have went to Ontario but was worried about the wind.

Chris - way to go, sounds like a good pick. I thought the same thing about the wind yesterday and today, weatherman said breezy but it never really seemed windy at all, outside of the t-storms yesterday afternoon of course ;)

Cayuga has been good to us this year, steady pick most days with some real decent days as well - big landlocks, browns and double digit lakers.

Won't be back on Cayuga real soon but looking forward to a few days up in Wilson next week. Good luck.

DAN

Cited myself and Cyn for angling other than rod and reel...meaning we ran 5 poles stead of 4.If I had noticed the name on the summons I'd have told him I learned that program from his Mom and Dad.Seems like a great kid....you guys should be proud.Let him know that the STRIKE 3 crew are good people................Zeke

Assuming people are reasonable about it, I can't understand why NY has a rod / hook point maximum per angler when we have a daily limit for species. I know other states have daily limits, and you're allowed to fish as many lines / hooks as it takes to get you there. Think about it - will the fish in the box care if they came off of 5 lines instead of 2? The end result is still the same, you're just out there longer, burning more gas, with less lines in the water.

I know other states have daily limits, and you're allowed to fish as many lines / hooks as it takes to get you there.

....and another rule that should be considered is a BOAT License, that is a fishing license that will cover everyone that is in the boat :idea: .

lyteline ........welcome to the club :shock: :$ ..........your still a novice when it comes to running to many lines ;) .