Duck Boat ideas

I am looking at trying to rig a boat that we can use for hunting ducks ( primarily divers) but also use down on the finger lakes . I would also like to be able to use it as a winter fishing boat for Cayuga so was considering something in the 16ft range, aluminum, tiller steer.

I am hoping some folks on here might be willing to share some ideas about the viability of this approach and also how it could best be rigged up

Thanks in advance for the help

Ted

We hunt out of a 16' Starcraft w/a 40hp engine. Actually haven't hunted it this year due to remodel. You can see from the before and after (almost done) what the remodel is. It's all painted up now just missing some final finishes. It's basically an open floor plan with platform in front for storage and back for gas, batteries etc. and for the dog.

I'll try and post up some more recent photos. I wouldn't go any smaller than 16' and would go up to 20' if I was hunting Lake O.

DAN

Before

dcp_0001.jpg

Almost Done

P9070693.jpg

Thanks guys ... unfortunately it is not gonna make it for this season.

A couple of these photo's should give you a better idea how I decided to remodel the boat. It was a closed bow before which took up a lot of useable space so I cut some of it out and put in a platform. Was originally gonna put in 3 permanent seats but that would have taken up too much space, much better with 2 hunters anyways. One thing I really like was an idea I got from someone else for low-cost non skid floor. Mix up some DRY play sand in your paint .... I coated everything you might put your foot on with it and it works great.

DAN

P1030064.jpg

PC190003.jpg

PC190002.jpg

P1030063.jpg

Hi,

I bought a used 195seanymph and converted it to a duck boat.The blind starts in front of the windshield and is about ten foot made from 1 in tubler aluminumer and camo burlap,has a 120 evinrude and a 9.9 kicker,dont want to get stranded in bad weather

a good boat so far and can take rough water,winter weather can change very fast on the big lake

picture on phone