Finger Lakes trib report for Nov and Dec 2011

Happy New Year to all the Finger Lakes Guys and Gals!

Well I had a lot of time on my hands and I hit the tribs hard. I fished 5 days a week for 2 months.

The fishing and the weather was outstanding this fall. I pinned exclusively and fished dime and quarter sized fresh egg sacs mostly in white and blue.

I mainly fished the cayuga tribs and it seemed every week we would get 1 day of good rain and it was bringing fresh fish into the systems daily.

Late October brought some monster salmon. I caught plenty and had a few pushing the 10lb mark. They ranged from 18 to 30 inches with quite a few 3 to 5 lb fish.

November the browns came and came. Caught loads of 4 to 7lb browns, mostly males.

December the bows came hard and they were the main catch for month. Some real pigs too! But most are 15 to 22 inches, nice dime bright, hard fighting fish.

I got up to the LO tribs over Thanksgiving and had some great fishing there as well. The day after thanksgiving, I had a banner day landing 5 steelhead, 2 pig male browns and a fresh 18lb king!

All good things come to an end but this time it happened at the right time! I start my new job at University Hospital in the Research Foundation Division next week.

I hope you all had a great holiday and good luck in the upcoming season out on the lakes. Be safe out there this winter.

Captain RR

• 2 weeks later...