PULLIN COPPA'

I like to pull copper...nothing more simple and hands on....and when u get one its a different feeling with your bare hands than it is with a rod and a drag system.....idk how else to explain....But, I like to fish with a keel weight, many different wieghts and shapes mostly in line...i tie the copper to a swivel,ballbearing is nicest, then braid 6ft to 12ft. leader.off the buisness end of the braid i put my keel weight.1oz. to 4oz. then my mono leader to my favorite flutter spoon or flatfish imatation......kills the lakers browns bows and l.l.s in the spring depending on where i pull it......ive tried cowbells with no sucess.....what other sucessful ways of running copper off the bare hands is effective but without too much drag......ne ideas???i was thinking flasher fly combos but i dont know what the most productive types and colors are....

kudu's to you for pullin copper the "old" way. i'm more of a let out 300',400'or 500' and set back and watch the rod tip. splitshot is a hands on guy too, showed me a few things on putting big ones in the boat,but i fish solo quite often so pullin is not an option on windy days.sutton singles i beleive?

yer twin minnow represents "Sculpan" kinda a favorite food of lakers....back in the day I WENT out with a old timer pullin the stuff . Kinda different and effective if thats all ya got.

Yer the first person Ive heard of using cowbells on hand copper and the spinny thing could be as tricky..

Copper was and is a "solo" rig as not to many boats would consider running 2 lines...

If you dont have riggers and wanna improve your catch ratio 10x over hand copper ,buy yerself 1 dypsy setup...........trust me!

i run copper as well as dipsy and often try dipsys off both sides in the top stuff.......never get bites.....prolly on account of lack of confidence, knowledge and the right stuff....i have accudepth 27's cheip i know but effective.....25lb mono, not the most effective ive heard...and a couple of fiderent sized dipsys a clear smaller one and a fire tiger larger one....got a few flashers some peanut flys, big lake flies,u name it ive never got a bite....idk Y ????....but copper i can put out alone with a spoon and judge the amt out or run it with keel weights and pick up the speed while acheiving the depth and just slaughter nething i go over.......depending on where i run and with what.its not as accurate but it works....the browns love to chase things up the water column it seems as im retreiving my gear to check fo mussels so i tune in on that...L'Ls i can find when they are shallow near the drop offs chasing bait.....but the dipsy which i think should be a good tool i cant figure out.