curiosity....

do you use any form of electronics?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. do you use any form of electronics?

• A. Yes
    • B. No
    • C. What's electronics?

the ledges on Cayuga can eat a lot of tackle ;)

Although we used to have one of those speed devices that just used the boat speed to swing a weight hanging over the side that we used way back when flatlining in the south end

The electronics dont help as much when you are pulling copper on a vic rig

Obviously anyone answering this poll is using "electronics.... but as for being a "million dollar elect' capt"...no way. I wouldn't classify a $500 fish finder, a $400 Sub-T & a $100 radio as in the million dollar club. (riggr's are manual) My tackle box & reels are worth a lot more.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

the ledges on Cayuga can eat a lot of tackle ;)

Although we used to have one of those speed devices that just used the boat speed to swing a weight hanging over the side that we used way back when flatlining in the south end

The electronics dont help as much when you are pulling copper on a vic rig

Off Taughannock you don't have to move to far to go from150' to 18' ;( the same off Myres pt. Its not to good to have a rookie driving and look up from the cooler and see the rigger cable stright out the back because he went over one of the ledges :o

I cant think of anyone that isnt using something electronic these days, but many of us remember "fishing blind" I am sure.

The first flasher we had was not very reliable in the 80's, I can remember looking at each other when a DR weight hit bottom, and saying "Do you remember a ledge there?" more than once. Back then we thought nothing of hitting the water without a radio, and cell phones were not around yet either.

not only do electronics keep you from loosing gear and able to locate fish, people who go out like to see them on the boat! It can be like having tv on board. Its always great to wach fish streak through the graph and then have a rod fire.