My First One !!!

Yea after wantin to cath a Mahi Mahi (dolphin fish) i finaly did it . Took my 14 ft boat out 11 miles in the ocean kinda bumpy but doable was trollin ballyhoo at 5 mph and my small reel started screamin,,,,,Finally got the fish to the boat after a great fight on light tackle ,was reachin for the leader when it dove straight down at least 75 ft...It still fought all the way up and I was as nervous as a 25 lb salmon on the line in a pro am . with no net or gaf i lifted in the boat where it got it second wind tossed it in the cooler and it kicked the top open faster than ya could blink...I bungied the top down and trolled towards shore.. lost 1 more a tad bigger commin in when my bigger pole with 20 lb line started screamin...I didnt grease the drag yet this trip and after 10 sec the reel sounded like a squellin pig nuttin i could do but watch the line dissapear....and hope the reel didnt explode. After 10 min ,and several more runs I was face to face with the biggest king mackerel I have ever cought ... I had to skate it around the boat a couple times to grab its tail they will remove your finger with one bite.......pulled my other rod and headed for the pool party (sorry no pics of pool party)..

27in dolphin 8 to 10 lbs

48 in 30 lbish king

DSCN1414.jpg

DSCN1417.jpg

DSCN1416.jpg

Now wait a minute!!!! A 8 to 10 lb dolphin????? if that fish is ten pounds then you must be 400!! and we all know no one who is 5 feet tall can be 400 lbs. BTW you know that they say about Florida, it's "God's waiting room" so you better not stay down there too long. :rofl:8)

Nice fish Ray!...when should I expect the gas cash to come down with the Aquasport and we can go out to the color change in the 20 mile gulf stream?..I got a cast net too! ...and I can bring some of the girls from the truckstops on I 95 for the pool party!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png