Tackle Vendor looking for INPUT!

We are not saying to much on here but would really like some input from YOU, the fishermen!

We are looking into opening a tackle shop/outdoors store somewhere? (between eaglecreek & wilson)

Where you think would be the best and most convient location?

Why you would come to us over the competitors?

What you are looking for in the tackle shops you choose to shop at?

and just any information you believe would be good for us to know?

We plan to have a fully stocked tackle shop carring everything you want us to carry!

You've got 3 big one's in that area already. Slippery Sinker, Narby's and Captains cove. You would have to spend a ton of money to get your place to look like a fishing "candy" store and then try to compete with those guys. I'm just trying to be real with you, but it sounds pretty tough. If the tackle business was so good, then Narby's and Capt. Cove wouldn't have for sale signs on them.

I made this attempt in 2004, not tackle specifically but sports equipment and the like. It was in Western New York. You need to invest a lot of money to get your store looking customer friendly and unique. The market is tough and margins aren't that great. Captains Cove has been for sale for over a year and Narby's has had to have been on the market for a number of years(I am thinking close to a decade or more). That would give me pause. If you want to send a pm, would be happy to discuss.