Started out 1 to 2's and threw in a couple of 3's

by late afternoon. We worked our way from

70 out to 120. Deep rig fired on it's way to 75

over 112 FOW. 24lb king all but swallowed an NBK

breaking the clip along the way. Decided that

grilled salmon steaks were the ticked for the rest

of the afternoon.

Frank,

I thought the name might be you when I saw a few other posts. Bongard proudly showed me the pics this AM.

Way to go! Needless to say, I was coming off as you were going out...

I HATE NE WINDS!!!

My post is floating around someplace on the forum under Sunday I-Bay Report... but we did 8 kings in the morning, mainly before the NE started huffing. Dumped a few more and had one laker, biggest was a hair over 24lbs, most 19-21lbs. Wire diver at 280was smokin all morning, riggers from 85-110'.

Also, believe your probe, I ended the day with a king in 160 fow 85' down, drifted into 130' before we landed the fish, but my probe at 110' was reading mid 60's in 130fow. So, I'm certain that in 110' it was mid 60's right to the bottom.

Nice catch. I haven't got the wire program working yet.

Can't do much on an 18' boat right now but I'll get there.

Thanks for the info on the temp. That really had me worried.

We were marking fish and bait and basically dropping down

to where we saw them and ignoring the temp. Are you targeting

a certain temp or just dumping in where you see the fish and bait?

Frank,

Temp begins to mean less and less as August wears on. I had to keep 3 yesterday b/c they literally swallowed the flies and/or spoons and bled themselves to death. They were all gorged with alewives, even had some hanging out of their mouths. These fish are feeding wherever they can find bait in their staging grounds, but will stop anyday now to start searching for the river mouths.

Temp is a place to start, but from now on, fish your screen which somedays will mean fishing 10-50' above temp... everyday is different...

I'll be out Fri and Sat... my brother is flying in from Charleston,SC to fish... it's been alot of years since he's done this... gotta whip the ocean boy back into shape with some wire divers and lead cores!

I'll be sitting on 08 or 16.

Upgrady,

Don't let that ocean boy try to fight a king the way those boys fight those ocean fish. I have seen that one too many times. They like to reel fast and set the hook hard enough to rip lips off.

I was out with him over Memorial Day and caught a bunch of mahi and wahoo... no pump and reel there... just winch 'em in the best you can!

I'd give him copper if I had a setup.... maybe leadcore w/ a meatball!

It's been about 10 years since he's caught a king, so he's pretty psyched to get back at it for a couple days.