Cuomo"s loss of wildlife funds

lineman49

Thanks, Hank - so S5921 would PREVENT New York from using federal Wildlife Fund monies for unrelated purposes. I love how our license fees were just raised by 40% and now the state government wants to steal the federal funds (that we all contribute to) as well.

whata joke, this is why i hate NY...im only 25 and ive been getting a license since i was of legal age to do so and ive watched my cost literally double........for what????? the deer are not getting any bigger the fish are not more prevelant.......stocking programs are in the dumps.....what a shame to get taxed out the a**hole and our natural resorces are being molested on a daily basis....this needs to stop.....im shure uve all heard that the DEC in now backing the fracking too.......its all a money game, and were all on the short end of the stick, just another group of people the gov't can rape to fix the budget......

• 4 weeks later...

The Fed dollars we are to receive in this state must be dedicated to WILDLIFE for us to receive them. Cuomo's proposed budjet could allow the funds to be placed into the general funds. If the legislature words the budjet properly, our state gets the funds and they are dedicated to wildlife.

But I still see a possible senerio where NYS recieves federal dollars ($5 million) dedicated to wildlife, but NYS does not continue its own funding. We need to urge our state reps to maintain the state funding AND word the budget so the Federal funding is received and is in addition to that funding (the intent of the Federal funding).

We could also urge them to eliminate the DEC's responsibility for chemical containment and place that responsibility with a different/seperate department. Then the DEC could spend more of it's time and funds for the maintanence, protection, and development of what we buy our licenses to participate in.

I'm surprised and dissapointed that the fishing and hunting organizations have not banded together and started a petition drive to collect signatures from outdoorsmen in support of this concept and then forward that petition to the legislature for consideration.

I'm urging leadership to get together, decide what to petition for, and to quickly implement this or some other similar idea.